Bullfrog North (Executive) Ramp

JTeezy

We launched from the dirt ramp with no problems. I wouldn't waste time fishing at GH. Its muddy, there is gill nets all over and very little structure for fish. It's mostly mud/sand. Fishing was better towards Bullfrog. It took a couple tries making the trailer level retrieving but pulled the boat out fine. We parked near by and didn't see any tickets. NPS watched us launch and drove away. Decon station was open but they were just tagging boats and writing down info. Gas is cheaper in Hanksville.

Attachments

• 20220506_135602.jpg
    20220506_135602.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 20220502_095807.jpg
    20220502_095807.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 20220502_095743.jpg
    20220502_095743.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 304

catchnabuzz

Amen brother!!!
People like us are few but we are stronger than the rest!
I’ll call you in the next couple days.
You guys stay strong for the rest of us weak people! At the same time, I’ll continue to dispose of my own waste in a respectable manner and keep my pictures for my own memories. Tight lines and untraceable poop holes!

RandyAustinFishing

When I got here Friday morning I looked at dirt ramp and executive there were about the same amount of truck and trailers at both. I decided to go ahead and launch at executive. My brothers had not yet arrived so I launched solo. No problem. NPS was there and just waved as I drove down ramp.
I think officially it is not open but they are not enforcing and it is launch at your own risk. We launched 20 foot bass boat and a 2075 Lund.

Trix

Escalante-Class Member
View attachment 18439
From a few days ago. End of concrete should be covered with water by now. I watched a couple average sized fishing boats (18'-20'??) retrieve without any problems.
I don't think there is much difference whether the concrete is a little wet, but likely so by Tuesday, May 17 (checking USGS GCD gauge). I guess the real milestone is another 4 feet so NPS officially opens ramp for all boats

Chovyboy

I don't think there is much difference whether the concrete is a little wet, but likely so by Tuesday, May 17 (checking USGS GCD gauge). I guess the real milestone is another 4 feet so NPS officially opens ramp for all boats
I just got back from a trip out there. The concrete is in the water and the ramp was already very busy. Parking is still all the way up the hill and it’s one lane for most. Took 30 minutes to pull the boat out this afternoon.

Attachments

• D26A1C95-1B6A-4477-99E7-CF6DF580E992.jpeg
    D26A1C95-1B6A-4477-99E7-CF6DF580E992.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 207

Phil

I just got back from a trip out there. The concrete is in the water and the ramp was already very busy. Parking is still all the way up the hill and it’s one lane for most. Took 30 minutes to pull the boat out this afternoon.
We launched Friday and took out Sunday on the executive ramp. I asked the lady at the entry station and she said the ramp is officially open.
The NPS guy at the ramp said the same thing. I don't think you could launch a house boat yet but smaller ones are no problem. Bring your walking shoes.
Small mouth bass on every cast on the right structure. First trip in May in many years with no walleye. Lake must have come up at least 6" while we were there.

slickrock joe

We were at the Executive ramp Monday. All size boats launching with no problem. It's about 3 wide, they moved a buoy and barricade off the north side Monday (it was there on Saturday). Main ramp was high and dry and the main ramp was closed as there was equipment out there and I couldn't tell what they were doing - but no launching there. We were told Saturday to go to mussell station after we pull out but it was closed mid-day on Monday.
Full trip report coming (we kayaked across Bullfrog and hiked Halls). LOTs of fish spawning (?). Water is coming up into new brush in the tributaries. Crossing Halls Creek bay was surreal with squishyness under the 12" of dried lake bed.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

Colin

We were at the Executive ramp Monday. All size boats launching with no problem. It's about 3 wide, they moved a buoy and barricade off the north side Monday (it was there on Saturday). Main ramp was high and dry and the main ramp was closed as there was equipment out there and I couldn't tell what they were doing - but no launching there. We were told Saturday to go to mussell station after we pull out but it was closed mid-day on Monday.
Full trip report coming (we kayaked across Bullfrog and hiked Halls). LOTs of fish spawning (?). Water is coming up into new brush in the tributaries. Crossing Halls Creek bay was surreal with squishyness under the 12" of dried lake bed.

Interesting. Do you have any more pictures from the back of Halls Bay?

Jr B

FYI on what was posted yesterday, unclear of this Spur ramp and might be down from the main ramp where folks were launching at their own risk??

Bullfrog Main Ramp Spur: Due to rising water levels, for safety reasons the Bullfrog Main Ramp Spur has been closed. Please launch and retrieve at the Bullfrog North Ramp.