Bullfrog North (Executive) Ramp

Dougie

Who cares whether it’s officially “closed” or not. It was never “open”. Go back through the low water updates and you’ll see NPS “closed” the whole north end in Jan but people found that spur and used it for the last several weeks. Now they are “closing” it again. This is a joke. People will do what they gotta do, and NPS will do what they gotta do. The north cement ramp was being used for 2 weeks while water was below the “open” level of 3525. The cement was cured and May 1 was opening date and people started launching off the gravel. NPS even had barriers at the top which people just drove around. Another joke.

Kurt Douglas

We were down there and pulled out last Thursday. Exec ramp was great. At that time it was only one lane but worked great. We were told the check station was closed that day so there would be no inspection. If we wanted the boats cleaned we would have to go to Hanksville. We stoped there but it was broken. Find you own cleaning station we were told.

Colin

To get to the dirt ramp, you had to drive through the spur at the bottom of the main ramp.

I'm curious about this as well because it will also lead to larger crowds at the north ramp if that spur & dirt ramp is inaccessible and unusable.

Kevin G

We were down there and pulled out last Thursday. Exec ramp was great. At that time it was only one lane but worked great. We were told the check station was closed that day so there would be no inspection. If we wanted the boats cleaned we would have to go to Hanksville. We stoped there but it was broken. Find you own cleaning station we were told.
Another government pork project comes crashing down to it's inevitable failure (mussel inspection). "Do this or we will issue you huge fines, except our station is closed and there's no way to do this." It's like working with the IRS.

thekid26

We were at the Executive ramp Monday. All size boats launching with no problem. It's about 3 wide, they moved a buoy and barricade off the north side Monday (it was there on Saturday). Main ramp was high and dry and the main ramp was closed as there was equipment out there and I couldn't tell what they were doing - but no launching there. We were told Saturday to go to mussell station after we pull out but it was closed mid-day on Monday.
Full trip report coming (we kayaked across Bullfrog and hiked Halls). LOTs of fish spawning (?). Water is coming up into new brush in the tributaries. Crossing Halls Creek bay was surreal with squishyness under the 12" of dried lake bed.

View attachment 18629

View attachment 18630
please post more pictures and thanks for sharing!

Momma Bear 2000

Main ramp (concrete): I believe high and dry.

Spur off the left side (going down) main ramp (dirt): Was a workable option earlier this year and I would guess it still is. However, I don’t know current status. We were launched by Dry Storage from there last summer.

North ramp / exec services / ranger ramp (was dirt and now extended with concrete): Was told today by Exec Services this ramp is fully functional at 3529’ and today we’re at 3536’. I made slip / trip reservations for July, August with a prayer, and September with big doubts.

Love everyone’s experience posts and pictures — thank you! 😎 🚤 🏄‍♀️

PS … our 6th granddaughter was born this week ,,, how cool is that?! 💕

Bill Sampson

Escalante-Class Member
Main ramp (concrete): I believe high and dry.

Spur off the left side (going down) main ramp (dirt): Was a workable option earlier this year and I would guess it still is. However, I don’t know current status. We were launched by Dry Storage from there last summer.

North ramp / exec services / ranger ramp (was dirt and now extended with concrete): Was told today by Exec Services this ramp is fully functional at 3529’ and today we’re at 3536’. I made slip / trip reservations for July, August with a prayer, and September with big doubts.

Love everyone’s experience posts and pictures — thank you! 😎 🚤 🏄‍♀️

PS … our 6th granddaughter was born this week ,,, how cool is that?! 💕
Congratulations on your new granddaughter

powellster

It has been a while since I have been on, so apologies if there is a post somewhere in here already addressing/answering this topic and question. I noticed on the NPS ramp condition link that there is planned construction to extend the executive (Bullfrog North) ramp with a completion date of April 2022. Does anyone know if this has even started? Any pictures? Our annual trip in normally the first week of May, but this would be hampered if there is no way to launch. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P-O-C
Launching will be no problem. Have a great time!