Closing access ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

I just got off the phone with Mary Plumb and she said the Bullfrog Pump-out station on the dock was open and she was going to check to make sure whether the dock gas pumps were working. She didn't know if the land based gas station was open or not.
She also said thanks for pointing out about those issues not being addressed on the website and she was going to see if she could get what is OPEN at Bullfrog posted.
Does anyone know if that land gas station at the top of the main launching ramp is privately owned or owned by Aramark?
Same with the boat storage locations on the road that goes by the old store on Bullfrog, I think that is hwy 276 on the North.
Thanks,
Buffalo4
Everything within the park on the North side is Aramark. Ticaboo/Offshore and JNB are privately owned.

Buffalo4

If people are on the lake fishing down by the Escalante or Good Hope bay or other more distant areas and they are staying for awhile, does that mean they will be LOCKED in when they return to Bullfrog? I really doubt that. :eek:
It would really be nice to get accurate info on access, gas, dump station, boat storage access etc for the Bullfrog area.
C'mon Wayne, you MUST have some better connections than us peons. :)
Buffalo4

Buffalo4

Ryan, thanks for that info.
I had thought that perhaps that gas station was independent.
Do you know if that land gas station is pumping gas?
Are the public bathrooms on top of the main launch ramp still open?
Thanks,
Buffalo4

DQDanny

the govt is not closed......stupid to close the entrance to BF & therefore the boat ramp. The BF gas station probably has no one working, but pumps are automated or 24 hour access. And worst case, I would think the private fuel pumps at Off Shore etc would be open. Social distancing can still be followed.

Ok
We are at the Bull frog Entrance Gate it is OPEN!!!
Launch Ramp OPEN , Fuel docks OPEN.
Corner Store inside and Fuel OPEN.
NO ONE IN THE RANGER STATION TO TALK TO.
Stanton Creek is barricaded, NO CAMPING.
Restaurant OPEN for take out.
Super confusing
Let’s go FISHING!!!!!
This situation is so fluid, it’s hard to know????
The official web site and the AZ phone no. Are our best bet on updates, even if it is a bit slower than we’d like.

prob

Wayne ,
When I spoke to the Rangers yesterday at Bull Frog office They informed me that Stanton creek is CLOSED no question. The only place you are allowed to camp on the Bull Frog side is BLM property. She mentioned Star Springs and Henry Mountains.
They were going to close any Entrance to the Lake today!
They are patrolling the area letting visitors know that if they don't get out they wont be able to leave until Gates are reopened. They are not in office answering phone, they are patrolling>>> We are going to drive down to see if gate is actually Closed. will update ASAP.

Buffalo4

Why is a web page seemingly SO difficult to update with the latest 'accurate' info???
It can be done from a smartphone.
Blows my mind on the incompetent people who get paid a lot of money to keep a web page up to date.
Good thing they don't have to clean bathrooms, or they would be filthy.
Buffalo4

Wet1

Why is a web page seemingly SO difficult to update with the latest 'accurate' info???
It can be done from a smartphone.
Blows my mind on the incompetent people who get paid a lot of money to keep a web page up to date.
Good thing they don't have to clean bathrooms, or they would be filthy.
Buffalo4
Who do you think gets paid to keep this web page "up to date"?

Buffalo4

I was talking about the 'official' website mentioned by BartsPlace, not this one.
This one is great.
Buffalo4

Last edited:

eddy.price

Fortunately Powell ramps are still open (3/25). The park alerts webpage can be accessed here: Alerts & Conditions - Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service)
  • Public boat ramps at the Wahweap Marina, Antelope Point Marina, Bullfrog, and Halls Crossing remain open to the public. We will continue our partnership with the states of Arizona and Utah in prevention of quagga mussels. Inspection stations will be open.
  • The park will not issue permits, conduct on-site public or educational programs or collect trash. Public restrooms, some overlooks, and campgrounds managed by Glen Canyon and concessioners are being closed. Day use areas at Wahweap Overlook and the Chains area near Page, Arizona are closed.

Wet1

I was talking about the 'official' website mentioned by BartsPlace, not this one.
This one is great.
Buffalo4
Ok, I thought you were referring to this one and I don't think anyone is on the payroll for it's upkeep.

TR.

prob

Wayne ,
When I spoke to the Rangers yesterday at Bull Frog office They informed me that Stanton creek is CLOSED no question. The only place you are allowed to camp on the Bull Frog side is BLM property. She mentioned Star Springs and Henry Mountains.
They were going to close any Entrance to the Lake today!
They are patrolling the area letting visitors know that if they don't get out they wont be able to leave until Gates are reopened. They are not in office answering phone, they are patrolling>>> We are going to drive down to see if gate is actually Closed. will update ASAP.
Why can I not get this lucky? Barricade me in ...please....

TR

mtnpull

Stanton is closed! I am so bummed. I was headed down this weekend and going to spend most of the week there. I don't understand why they would shut down a primitive camping area. IMO they are trying to keep people off the Lake altogether but don't have an authorization to shut down the ramps. Super lame.

Is anyone familiar with a location close to the lake that you can park a travel trailer at? I'd rather drive the boat and launch each day if I have to. Or I guess if they keep lone rock open I can head to the south end, but I am really looking forward to a week on the lake, sunshine and getting away from all the Rona concerns!

treetop

Stanton is closed! I am so bummed. I was headed down this weekend and going to spend most of the week there. I don't understand why they would shut down a primitive camping area. IMO they are trying to keep people off the Lake altogether but don't have an authorization to shut down the ramps. Super lame.

Is anyone familiar with a location close to the lake that you can park a travel trailer at? I'd rather drive the boat and launch each day if I have to. Or I guess if they keep lone rock open I can head to the south end, but I am really looking forward to a week on the lake, sunshine and getting away from all the Rona concerns!
Just before you pass the Glen Canyon NRA sign there is a dirt road that heads west. It is the southern end of the Burr trail.
The land where it meets the bullfrog Highway is Utah state school trust land. There is a gravel parking area there where we often spend the night on our way to Powell. Only a few minutes to the ramp.
Word of warning, if you get too close to the north edge of the gravel you be in the puncture weeds. [Goats heads]

Rick K

My wife and i were hoping they would not close the lake. It's her birthday today and we were getting ready to go to the lake, and distance ourselves from this virus. Our business is closed {Bar} no food so we planned on camping an fishing while we can. Heck we were there on 9-11 and never knew it happened for two days. Hope ya all stay safe and will see you when they re-open. One thing for shore it will be warmer and probably better fishing!!

mtnpull

Just before you pass the Glen Canyon NRA sign there is a dirt road that heads west. It is the southern end of the Burr trail.
The land where it meets the bullfrog Highway is Utah state school trust land. There is a gravel parking area there where we often spend the night on our way to Powell. Only a few minutes to the ramp.
Word of warning, if you get too close to the north edge of the gravel you be in the puncture weeds. [Goats heads]
Thanks. I'm guessing that is all blm land out there and you could just stay anywhere along that stretch of the Burr Trail? I'd probably like to have my stuff a little further off the highway. Looking on google maps, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of other options unless someone else has a go to.

Not Yet You Bet

Just talked to a friend that was in Bullfrog (Lives and works there during summers) and he said they removed everybody from Stanton and the campgrounds today and blocked them off. They allowed one camper to stay in the parking lot tonight, but this is only for tonight. Said ramp and entrance is still open, but did not know for how long. Restrooms are closed, so better have a porta-potty with you if you go down.
Said one of the people that worked at the boat inspection station who had been traveling to SLC, has now tested positive. Don't know if the boat inspection station will be open in the future or not, or what they are going to do.
Said that 15 of the workers there at Bullfrog had recently traveled to a meeting and now one of the people that was at the meeting had tested positive. Not anyone from the Bullfrog workers, but now 15 of their workers are in quarantine for two weeks, and they don't even have any tests available in Bullfrog to check them. Hard to run the place with their people in quarantine.
Sounds bad. He said things are changing daily, so who knows what will be new tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.