Favorite LP Pics 2020

JFRCalifornia

The first picture gave it away--that's one of the finest camping spots maybe on the whole lake in Davis on the south side just below the arch
You mean the second photo, from inside the cave, right? I agree, that is a fantastic site, one of the best on the lake. That one was taken at 3602, which is just about the minimum lake level that site can be reached in a boat--extremely shallow at that level. The first photo (another great site) is a little farther up Davis beyond LaGorce Arch, but that one is unreachable by boat today. That picture was taken at lake level 3621...

Last edited:

Dougie

Yes, my bad. Inside the cave is below the arch. The very first photo is up past the arch. I think the little cascade (swimmer) is right there too.

JFRCalifornia

Here's a comparison of the same view of Register Rock from the top of Hole-in-the-Rock. One is at lake level 3604, and the other at 3641. You can see that at the higher level, the water of nearby Cottonwood Canyon extends pretty far in the background--but nothing at lower levels. The 1879-80 Mormon inscriptions on Register Rock are also covered at that level (they don't re-emerge until about 3610 or lower). Also note the various whales that arise at lower levels...
Register Rock 3604.jpgRegister Rock 3641.jpg

Last edited: