Any bets on 50 ft water rise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a couple here yesterday from Glenwood Springs that said the cool down this past week (same cold front that dumped 2' of snow in CO) has really slowed the rivers down. Even here in Hanksville, we are only 47 degrees outside this morning. The weather has really slowed down the run off for the year. I don't doubt they will come back up a little when the temps rise and eventually see 3632.40'. :)

Just had a couple here yesterday from Glenwood Springs that said the cool down this past week (same cold front that dumped 2' of snow in CO) has really slowed the rivers down. Even here in Hanksville, we are only 47 degrees outside this morning. The weather has really slowed down the run off for the year. I don't doubt they will come back up a little when the temps rise and eventually see 3632.40'. :)
Waht a coincidence, that's the number you picked.

50 or 60 feet wood be great, but today's river flows above Powell at 35,000 cfs are half of last week's and well below yesterday's 53,000. I think our optimism may not be rewarded with 50 feet to 3618 (another 8 feet) -- hope I'm wrong.

50 or 60 feet wood be great, but today's river flows above Powell at 35,000 cfs are half of last week's and well below yesterday's 53,000. I think our optimism may not be rewarded with 50 feet to 3618 (another 8 feet) -- hope I'm wrong.
The weather turned the temps down in the high country. They’re coming back up now. Fingers crossed the rivers will also

Steve, hope rivers can turn on again. No snow water equivalent graph any longer where I look, and snowpack at 1300 percent of normal means little with normal snowpack basically zero at this time. I guess I need to reread JFR's analysis. Maybe my perspective today is way off.

Steve, hope rivers can turn on again. No snow water equivalent graph any longer where I look, and snowpack at 1300 percent of normal means little with normal snowpack basically zero at this time. I guess I need to reread JFR's analysis. Maybe my perspective today is way off.

There is a lot of snow up high. Steamboat mountain got 2 feet the first day of summer. My boy was out in a plow on Douglas which isn’t all that high.

Another picture of the snow still left on the Henry Mountains outside of Hanksville. It's still more than just a skiff on the North sides and I have no doubt the Western Colorado mountains have more than this because of the elevation.

With temps rising, more water will be coming soon.
65922062_10211233461312014_3185806019171188736_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back