Wayne - Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredPugh

I will be having a full knee replacement on March 25. I am told that my movement will be limited for a week or two. I will get better, faster with lots of physical therapy. Hopefully, I will only miss a week or two or fish reports. I posted a new fish report today for next week.

I am sure my rehabilitation will improve as soon as I can get on the water and participate in Fish-ical Therapy.

Keep the website updated with your recent Lake Powell trip adventures and I will be back in action soon.

Wayne
Best of luck Wayne and a speedy recovery!! I've heard a new knee will improve your hook set too!! :LOL:

HookU812

Wayne:
Hope you're doing good on the recovery. I have had both knees replaced a year apart.
Once you are approved to get in pool do the following:
Walk forward in waist to chest deep water (50 to 100 Meters or more)
Walk backward in waist to chest deep water (50 to 100 Meters or more). This will help most to establish a normal walking stride.
Next in the pool walk sideways crossing over you legs to stretch the outer tendons of the thigh and hips. Like the drill used by cornerbacks and wide receivers.
Swimming will also help regain overall leg strength.
Next consider seeing a Chiropractor to get your back and hips realigned to the new knee. This improves the alignment of the femur in the hip socket and lower back muscles.

My goal was to be very mobile in 60 days from the surgery. For hiking and more.

Good luck.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Wayne:
Hope you're doing good on the recovery. I have had both knees replaced a year apart.
Once you are approved to get in pool do the following:
Walk forward in waist to chest deep water (50 to 100 Meters or more)
Walk backward in waist to chest deep water (50 to 100 Meters or more). This will help most to establish a normal walking stride.
Next in the pool walk sideways crossing over you legs to stretch the outer tendons of the thigh and hips. Like the drill used by cornerbacks and wide receivers.
Swimming will also help regain overall leg strength.
Next consider seeing a Chiropractor to get your back and hips realigned to the new knee. This improves the alignment of the femur in the hip socket and lower back muscles.

My goal was to be very mobile in 60 days from the surgery. For hiking and more.

Good luck.
sounds like you have had some experience with knees. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.