Wayne - Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent R

Wayne, prayers and thoughts with you for a good and speedy recovery. We really look forward to your reports. My next trip to the lake will be in May!!!

Trix

My full replacement recovery was easier than some of the 13 other knee surgeries. I got back to daily activities with minimal limitation on movements pretty quickly (a couple of weeks?). I road horses at two months. Pain not a big issue, but stiffness and limited range of motion persisted for many months. It took about 2 years before I was not conscious of the new knee. At 3 years now, seldom think of it. Loss some flex range so get stuck in small cars and getting out of zipped sleeping bag.

GTH

Like everyone else, I hope the surgery goes well, and I am confident it will. My wife happens to be a physical therapist who does home health and works on what she calls total knee, the important thing is range of motion, which, of course, is limited due to swelling. My wife says she would be happy to give you an evaluation or even therapy on your boat free of charge, just let us know. Seriously though we are planning a quick north end trip first week in April, hopefully we can give you an encouraging report.

Last edited:

birdsnest

Like everyone else, I hope the surgery goes well, and I am confident it will. My wife happens to be a physical therapist who does home health and works on what she calls total knee, the important thing is range of motion, which, of course, is limited due to swelling. My wife says she would be happy to give you an evaluation or even therapy on your boat free of charge, just let us know. Seriously though we are planning a quick north end trip first week in April, hopefully we can give you an encouraging report.
Wayne should be waterskiing by the first week of April. Maybe not.

K&M

Yes, we of course are praying for a speedy recovery for you, Wayne! We are just wondering why on earth you waited for March to do the replacement and not Janurary?!! Just teasing with you. Get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.