• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Wahweap and Antelope marinas

How low will it go

• Lower

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • Higher

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Bigbassman

Do you guys think those tow lines are strong enough to pull our 19’ powerboat? I actually have one of those that came with our towable 3-person tube. It says 4150lb tensile strength.

Ed_on_WD

Most ratings are very conservative, for legal reasons. Both ladders and ratchet straps, for instance, are able to stand 3 times their rated load before they fail. I'm no expert, nor do I claim to know for sure, but I would think you'd be safe.

When in doubt, double up. Run 2 ropes to spread the stress, and you will have a back up if one should fail.

Remember your Boy Scout knots. A bowline is your friend. Bowlines don't slip, and no matter how much force you apply, they are always easy to untie.

Meatwagon

Do you guys think those tow lines are strong enough to pull our 19’ powerboat? I actually have one of those that came with our towable 3-person tube. It says 4150lb tensile strength.
It's what I carry in my boat, and I've towed a 20ft bass boat with a much smaller rope in 25 mph wind at Roosevelt Lake once. It should be fine if you are just putting along at 5mph.

Ryan

Boudreaux

For an indication of just how bad this water year can be, the USBR is reporting that so far the unregulated inflows for the water year 2021 are actually 300,000AF less than 2002, which was the worst year ever.
Soo- inflows this year are the worst on record? Is that what they are saying, without really saying it? BTW, from my perspective on the upper Colorado, I believe it.

jayfromtexas

Soo- inflows this year are the worst on record? Is that what they are saying, without really saying it? BTW, from my perspective on the upper Colorado, I believe it.
Unfortunately that very well may be the case. If you check the inflows report on the Lake Powell Water database they've been hovering between 6 and 7K most of the month and just barely got a bit over 10K as of yesterday.

Cliff

When going by Antelope do you all know the horn signals for when a houseboat is about to "leave the dock" and "going into reverse" It might help you to be forewarned before they move if they blast them.
Most of the big boat drivers use them when leaving the dock.

Can you imagine anyone wanting to stay on their HB at Antelope over the holiday weekend? Rock and roll all day long.

By what time in the morning Saturday will the first jetski go through at 30 MPH? Or wake boat tossing a 3 foot wake?
You know its going to happen
The big time will be the last evening of the holiday weekend when everyone is trying to get back at the same time to Wahweap.

JTJ

Just noticed they have not updated the water level since May 20. No data for 21 & 22.