LP walleye question

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means use whichever works for you .. I don’t work for lucky craft .. I’m not pushing lures .. I just make suggestions to try to help people catch fish . And in my years as a professional tournament fisherman and fishing guide these are my favorite techniques and favorite lures. Yep they are expensive , but I’ve always treated fishing as passion and not hobby so i enjoy spending my hard earned paychecks on gear I can trust. If using a tin can with a treble hook on it works for you , use it! It’s usually more about location and technique than lure any way .. just trying to help. And nope they don’t float so if you cut them off they are gone, I have never lost one to a zebra mussel cut at LP tho ..
Cheers
Jonny

By all means use whichever works for you .. I don’t work for lucky craft .. I’m not pushing lures .. I just make suggestions to try to help people catch fish . And in my years as a professional tournament fisherman and fishing guide these are my favorite techniques and favorite lures. Yep they are expensive , but I’ve always treated fishing as passion and not hobby so i enjoy spending my hard earned paychecks on gear I can trust. If using a tin can with a treble hook on it works for you , use it! It’s usually more about location and technique than lure any way .. just trying to help. And nope they don’t float so if you cut them off they are gone, I have never lost one to a zebra mussel cut at LP tho ..
Cheers
Jonny
Thanks Jonny , I love all your help !
But would love to catch some big walleye!

Thanks Jonny , I love all your help !
But would love to catch some big walleye!
You will , in the spring time go to the north lake, fish secondary and main lake points with a good mix of rock and gravel, or just large powell boulders, I like points that are a little steeper, but on really warm days in the spring , in the afternoon, the shallow gravel points are great! If you truly want to catch a giant ,, try fishing evening into the first hour of darkness with the largest chartreuse /red (clown ) rogue or husky jerk that you own and fish it faster than I advertised. Low percentage technique, works rad for wary fish.. also try 45 degree banks with a good mix of rock and gravel this technique is great for pre and post spawn walleye. Good luck

You will , in the spring time go to the north lake, fish secondary and main lake points with a good mix of rock and gravel, or just large powell boulders, I like points that are a little steeper, but on really warm days in the spring , in the afternoon, the shallow gravel points are great! If you truly want to catch a giant ,, try fishing evening into the first hour of darkness with the largest chartreuse /red (clown ) rogue or husky jerk that you own and fish it faster than I advertised. Low percentage technique, works rad for wary fish.. also try 45 degree banks with a good mix of rock and gravel this technique is great for pre and post spawn walleye. Good luck
Thanks , we are heading up March 22=30 to blue notch

I went night fishing throwing rattle traps and crankbaits. We did really well on the walleye and stripers at night. The walleye were actually much more aggressive than what I expected. Not that I went out thinking we were gonna get walleye at all. We just went out at night to beat the heat during the day. This was outta wahweap years ago though. Now that I know more now than then, walleye are very very nocturnal and night fishing is excellent for them.

I went night fishing throwing rattle traps and crankbaits. We did really well on the walleye and stripers at night. The walleye were actually much more aggressive than what I expected. Not that I went out thinking we were gonna get walleye at all. We just went out at night to beat the heat during the day. This was outta wahweap years ago though. Now that I know more now than then, walleye are very very nocturnal and night fishing is excellent for them.
What month of the year did you find good walleye fishing at night? My guess is summer since you were trying to beat the heat.

I used those, but found I had to retie anyways because of nicks in the the line, so I gave them up. I tie a not slip loop knot, it is super easy and very strong. And Wayne, I am totally useless without my cheater glasses! I always have at least 2 pair laying around on the boat...plus a spare pair always in my pocket!

You only need to do three wraps after you pass through the overhead knot, which also reduces its bulk. This knot is stronger than just about any terminal connection, and it is quick to tie......
Very similar to the Rapala loop knot. I have used it for years when I want some movement of the lure at the knot and don't want to use a small clip. I will even use it on jigs sometimes so that they "sit" right when working them. The difference is when you pass back through the overhand knot, then you go back through the loop you just formed. Also very easy to tie.
It is a near 100% knot and works very well for crankbaits and stick-baits when you don't want the knot cinched up to the eye and are not using a plug clip. There are plenty of places to find it online, if you google it.

Yes , I am pretty sure it was June that year. I hope to make a trip back to LP again soon. I have not been on the board here in years. This new format is really nice. I think back to around 2005 or so when I discovered this site - this is a plethora of LP information that is priceless !

Picked up a 100 suspending pointer in the ghost minnow color. The browns at Jordanelle really like it! Just ordered a couple new colors on tackle warehouse. Lucky craft makes a good (pricey) bait.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a opinion or experience using Storm Wiggle Warts on Powell, for either small mouth or walleye.

Does anyone have a opinion or experience using Storm Wiggle Warts on Powell, for either small mouth or walleye.

Haven’t used an actual WW, but we’ve used a few different cranks that have a very similar action and they do work. One of our favorites for smallies and walleyes is the bomber model a in the “creek craw” color. Depending on your retrieve you can bring it back super slow and it will give you a really good wobble. Caught a ton of everything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back