Howard Oatman

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYKevin

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
To all of you that knew Howard, I never new anyone that loved Powell more then Howard, and I will never let him be forgotten. I think of him every time I go, and hope that there are other's who have friend's that have passed, in which you feel the same. I have several unfortunately, but Howard, and Capt Rimrock, really come to mind, as Powell lover's, and people that have passed, that changed us.
Have a good one
KyKevin

Many are missed and remembered for sure.

Occasionally when doing a Powell search I’ll land on an archive WW page from many years and even many sites ago. The member bond back then seemed so strong and tight.

I stumbled across a hidden geo cache a few years ago. I sat in the shade and read every page. There was an entry from Petester and Patty - it was their anniversary. They listed a WW email.

To all of you that knew Howard, I never new anyone that loved Powell more then Howard, and I will never let him be forgotten. I think of him every time I go, and hope that there are other's who have friend's that have passed, in which you feel the same. I have several unfortunately, but Howard, and Capt Rimrock, really come to mind, as Powell lover's, and people that have passed, that changed us.
Have a good one
KyKevin
I agree as well, great guys

Have a good one
KyKevin

Attachments

• Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 029.jpg
    Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 029.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Bull Frog Art & John DMII 028.jpg
    Bull Frog Art & John DMII 028.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 125
Some long time great friends. Those may have passed but many are still friends and friends we have yet to meet.
Waynes Words and SHAD have a memorable, memories of great friends

Attachments

• IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 123
  • San Juan Pic's 046.jpg
    San Juan Pic's 046.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Ralph & TC.jpg
    Ralph & TC.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 120
  • Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 043.jpg
    Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 043.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 120
Almost a full twenty years of memories and good times at lake Powell, bringing us all together regardless of social economic differences.

Attachments

• Slide9.JPG
    Slide9.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 002.jpg
    Fall Shad Rally Sept. 2007 002.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 116
I never got to meet Howard Oatman, but I have had the pleasure of meeting many other of you fine folks from the North, including Rimrock. Some of these pics are most definitely from the "good ol' days". I don't post often on here anymore, but threads like this, I can't resist. Definitely met some great people through this site. I'm all tucked in for the winter, doing the hunting thing, until Spring Fishing begins…...Cheers ~ Travis

As much as all of us love the lake, it is also the unique cast of characters that also draws me back. As I remember them, I find their common ability to make each of us feel special a trait to be valued. Howard, Rimrock, Pete, and others had big hearts, a quick wit and decades of experience. They were always there to help others. I think they set the standard for all of us to strive for. A big thanks to Wayne in getting this forum off the ground as well or none of us would have met. Thanks for this thread Ky Kevin. I look forward to meeting new characters in the future

Being fairly new to this site I have been impressed by friendships and bonds that have been made over the years. I wish I would have been a part of it all sooner and could have met these special folks I read about. I feel fortunate to have met the few of you that I have been able to meet so far and look forward to those I have yet to meet. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and the stories you have of the past, I know I enjoy them and I think many others do too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of lucky few who knew all of the above and spent quite a bit of time with them all.
Makes me proud to be in that “ group” of great people.
Travis your right about the good ole days because the last several years has really changed from the way it used to be but don’t get me wrong some of us still get together for good times.
I haven’t seen you for years but we still chat once in a while.
Heck I’ve even been to Mexico with that KBass character lol

Last edited by a moderator:
GC, LB and all Wordlings;
Seeing Pete on his track chair reminded me that the honoring of Pete is still going on today. As many of you will recall, he donated that track chair to an organization called Warriors and Quiet Waters. It's a fly fishing and warrior therapy 501C3 out of Bozeman, Montana that has had HUGE success with helping our wounded warriors (and their families) get back to a normal life mentally ad physically. I got the chair refurbished and to Montana in a new cargo trailer. Many of these guys (and gals) are unable to get around on the riverbanks and other trout stream trails. This track chair gets a lot of use by the warriors during their fishing and other activities. See their web site at www.warriorandquiet waters.org. The chair has a brass plaque on the seat back that says: "This chair donated by Pete Klocki: Outdoorsman-veteran-family man-patriot". My brother has been on the board of this organization for many years and he said the warriors treasure that chair!! Chuck

That is awesome Chuck, I never got to meet Pete, but most of these guy's that post, I have never met, but feel like I know, as of Pete, and you. To bad we cant meet every one that we talk to on these computer's. And I would gladly take a warrior fishing any time, and actually had been thinking of that. How fishing is so mentally relaxing, and good for the mind.
Have a good one.
KyKevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back