End of an ERROR>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never in my life time have I been so concerned about the "peaceful transfer of power". Since he announced he was running I was full on board 100%. I hoped this day would come, I still can't believe it did.

Don't get me wrong, I have some concerns and hope for the best, but I don't think anyone in recent history has been better positioned to "drain the swamp". That goes for people on both sides of the aisle in this election cycle.

Greg, Did I miss it? During the swearing in of the VP, it included to defend from threats both foreign and domestic. I didn't hear that verse during the Presidents swearing in. Sq

Last edited:
I am thrilled!!!!! Thank goodness the senate finally confirmed Mattis [98-1] and General Kelly for Homeland Security, but they are sitting on CIA because they didn't want to confirm more than had been confirmed when Bill Clinton was elected... so CIA is left leaderless in these dangerous times so Schumer can play games..... We need our cabinet confirmed, period.

BTW did you see the anarchy taking place in DC last night and today? They were standing outside balls and attacking attendees, not to mention the damage they are causing to property in the District.

Oh in addition to turning lose some of the worst of the worst in our prisons, one a man who set 132 bombs around the USA, and taking land in Utah and Alaska, the last move Obama made to was to make using led in ammunition and in fishing weights illegal.

My last name is Trump, and he is my great uncle. I have known for a long time that he is what this country needed. A perfect storm had to happen for him to get elected, such as a terribly weak opponent, because of the power that the dishonest media has to convince young minds.
He is not a politician, and he has some personal growth to go through as he learns to temper his comments, but he is losing many millions by taking this job just to serve his country, and his heart is in the right place.

Greg, Did I miss it? During the swearing in of the VP, it included to defend from threats both foreign and domestic. I didn't hear that verse during the Presidents swearing in. Sq

Squirrel, I didn't get to listen to the whole speech due to bandwidth problems, but I'm certain the "protect and defend" clause is required by the Constitution. If it wasn't done right, I'm sure there were enough lawyers listening for somebody else to have noticed also. :-).

GregC

My last name is Trump, and he is my great uncle. I have known for a long time that he is what this country needed. A perfect storm had to happen for him to get elected, such as a terribly weak opponent, because of the power that the dishonest media has to convince young minds.
He is not a politician, and he has some personal growth to go through as he learns to temper his comments, but he is losing many millions by taking this job just to serve his country, and his heart is in the right place.

I should say right up front that Ted was my first choice, but either way, I know I'm done hoping that an election is all I have to do to feel like that the country is headed the right direction. I'll be spending a lot more time "holding feet to the fire". So far I'm good with the way things are going, but I've often thought that a 10th grade civics student could have done a better job than what we've had for the last eight years! I'm really ready for someone (or several someones) who doesn't already know how to do it wrong!

GregC

I am thrilled!!!!! Thank goodness the senate finally confirmed Mattis [98-1] and General Kelly for Homeland Security, but they are sitting on CIA because they didn't want to confirm more than had been confirmed when Bill Clinton was elected... so CIA is left leaderless in these dangerous times so Schumer can play games..... We need our cabinet confirmed, period.

BTW did you see the anarchy taking place in DC last night and today? They were standing outside balls and attacking attendees, not to mention the damage they are causing to property in the District.

Oh in addition to turning lose some of the worst of the worst in our prisons, one a man who set 132 bombs around the USA, and taking land in Utah and Alaska, the last move Obama made to was to make using led in ammunition and in fishing weights illegal.
You're aware that lead may cause Cancer in California.

@Leardriver:

You said "he is losing many millions by taking this job"

I don't mean to be cold hearted but I hope many millions will lose their job because he is taking this one (all within a 20 mile radius of Washington DC)

Sorry, couldn't resist the play on words

Then you will like this:

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673:Topic:4469704&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

Donald Trump to Eliminate 72 Government Programs
s-lead-7-700x466.jpg
Trump to Clear Cut Federal Budget
President Elect Donald Trump has taken on a herculean task of eliminating funding for 72 government programs, saving the government $10.5 trillion dollars and balancing the budget within 10 years.

Given the 2017 Federal Budget is standing at $4.147 for 2017, with Trump’s proposed cuts, the government’s bloated budget would be reduced by a massive 25.3%.

Government workers were previously shaking in their khakis at a thought of a 10% reduction in the budget.

Cuts include the obvious, like defunding Planned Parenthood, and global warming offices and studies, but also eliminates spending on the following as an example:

Job Corps
National Endowment for the Arts
National Endowment for the Humanities
Environmental Justice Programs
National Clean Diesel Campaign
Land and Water Conservation Fund
EPA Civil Enforcement Program
Killing nine different Climate Programs
Privatizing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (bye bye Sesame Street)
DOE Funding for Small Business Innovation Research
SBA Disaster Loan Program
Community Development Financial Institutions Fund
Export-Import Bank
Multi-State Plan Program
Violence Against Women Grants
Office of Community Oriented Policing Services
Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
Legal Services Corporation

Etc. etc., etc.,

Team Trump also plans to lease out or sell all of the spare office space provided by the cuts to the EPA.

The extensive list, compiled by the Heritage Foundation and adopted by incoming Trump staffers, is likely the tip of the iceberg to finally reign in the size and scope of government.

http://www.citizen-action.com/donald-trump-eliminate-72-government-...

I think it is a pretty safe bet Glen Canyon Institute is not going to gain any anti-Glen-Canyon-Dam foothold for at least the next 4 - 8 years...

I realize there is much hatred of our Federal government on this forum, yet sincerely hope President Trump does not sell Glen Canyon / Lake Powell to one of his billionaire accomplices from Wall Street. It would be a shame if we as a country were not able to enjoy this incredible resource.

I realize there is much hatred of our Federal government on this forum, yet sincerely hope President Trump does not sell Glen Canyon / Lake Powell to one of his billionaire accomplices from Wall Street. It would be a shame if we as a country were not able to enjoy this incredible resource.

You are not serious with this statement are you? If so then you know little of the history of the fight to save the dam from the drainers who are comprised of groups financed by Democrats. In fact with the election of Donald Trump Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell is safe from those groups [financed by the likes of George Soros and Theresa Heinz Kerry] who would have had this lake drained and dismantled years ago if they could. IF you want to save Lake Powell for generations to come, President Trump is your man. Hillary would have gone with the liberal environmentalists who hate this lake and want it gone and only Lake Mead as the storage vessel for Colorado River water... putting us in the same position as California was in a year ago.

Based on your statement about "billionaire accomplices" you sadly prove you have been following dishonest media and know nothing about this man or the differences in the two parties. And for the record there is nothing wrong with being a billionaire and giving up millions and millions of dollars to work for $1 a year to give back to the America who helped you become a billionaire. Broaden your horizons.

My apologies Waterbaby for speaking my opinion on this forum.

All opinions are welcome, you may not always find people agree with you or even with one-another and will state their own opinion. We just ask it is kept clean and no slurs, swearing or racist statements are made on this forum.

The hatred you are referring to, is mostly directed at FORMER President Obama, and his failed policies. There are many people on here, that are TRUE Patriots. The left has destroyed a large portion of this great country, and now it is time to FIX that.
Selling Lake Powell will not be a part of that plan. That is basically crazy talk :eek:

Alfred E,
I think you have some misconceptions about the folks who read and use this message board. Most have no "hatred" for the government of this nation, we just don't think we need a "nanny state" to oversee every facet of our lives.

I sincerely doubt that anyone here thinks that Trump should, could or would try to "sell" the GCNRA/Lake Powell, and would provide intense resistance to such.

To me, "billionaire accomplices" sounds like a misconstrued sense of entitlement on your part. Have you considered the possibility of cronyism in the case of Aramark Corporation, a multinational business that has proven woefully inadequate in the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities of the Lake. Do you think there are no "billionaires" in that group?

It seems to me that leftist environmentalist groups have the "enjoyment of this incredible resource" directly in their sights (so to speak), so that in order to see or visit the fantastic landscapes, enjoy the amazing fishing, or use the water for recreation, it would require us to backpack in. I'm old enough to have done all my backpacking already. I don't want a paved sidewalk all around the lake shore so I can use my wheelchair when the time comes either.

I DO appreciate your opinion, as it gives me an opportunity to explain mine!

GregC

I really like the sound of "Former President Obama". I wish it would have happened 4 years ago.

But you can put me into the camp of skeptics of how Trump will be as President. Of all the Republican candidates in the primary, he was probably my 17th choice. But I will give him a chance, as he will almost certainly be better than Hillary.

If you want a real world example of the mind-boggling waste in Federal government (and keeping in line with the post above about the agencies Trump wants to eliminate) click on the link below. It comes from www.usa.gov It is a list of federal agencies in alphabetical order. I've dialed up ONLY those that start with the letter "A". There are 39 of them on the A list. Click on a few of them - especially the ones you have never heard of (that's the vast majority). Then go on to others letters in the alphabet.

You should be sitting down to do this - your head may explode

https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back