Would appreciate thoughts regarding fishing conditions 5/20-24

Pegasus

It rained all night last night at APM, and is currently 47 with a wind chill of 40. As I stated elsewhere, water temp is 59. This is crazy May weather. I've never seen continuous rain at LP like I've seen this week - usually storms blow in and leave within 24 hours. Not this week!

Dwight made the right call to postpone this weeks fishing trip, for sure. (From a weather / comfort perspective)

Last edited:

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
We are currently trying to collect bluegill for a research study. We started very strong on Tuesday catching 15 in one spot. Then the cold front hit and the next trip to the great bluegill spot only produced one fish. Fishing will improve quickly as soon as the sun comes out again and the water begins to warm.

It rained all night last night at APM, and is currently 47 with a wind chill of 40. As I stated elsewhere, water temp is 59. This is crazy May weather. I've never seen continuous rain at LP like I've seen this week - usually storms blow in and leave within 24 hours. Not this week!

Dwight made the right call to postpone this weeks fishing trip, for sure. (From a weather / comfort perspective)
So glad I postponed. It would have been miserable camping in that.