Wayne's Book on Lake Powell - My Lake - My Life

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I wrote a book about my life and the history of Lake Powell. It became available for sale in 2015. Most of the regular members bought a book to read, to store on the houseboat, or to give to friends and neighbors in 2016. I still have some books and would be glad to send you one in 2023 or 2024; or to meet you when you come to the lake.

Just send me an email ( gustavesonwayne@gmail.com ) and I can send one to your address or it may be possible to meet you when you come to the southern part of the lake. Taking a book to the northern part of the lake is a bit more complicated but it could happen.

Cost of the 161 page paperback book is $20. That includes postage if sent by mail.

It was fun to write the book but a lot more fun to deduct fishing expenses from my income taxes. I am considering the subject of my next book now. Thanks for reading Wayneswords

51icsrH3CfL.jpg

Last edited:
It's a great read and having the chance to pick Wayne's brain one on one is highly recommended!

Haven't had time to use the drop shot since the single tail grubs did the trick last year, Wayne. Looking like Senkos and brush for this year - fingers crossed.

Bryan

Yes I have books and am happy to meet you and give you a book when you come on your spring trip.

Great. I'll be in touch. We arrive Friday Mar 30th and will be in town until Monday the 2nd. Is any one of those days better (or worse) than the next?

I'm thinking Monday morning would probably be the best time (4/2).

Send a private message of where you'll be, and we'll come to you.

Or if you're in town, I'd be willing to buy you breakfast at Ranch House Grill for bringing it over.

I will be in town on the 2nd but headed to Good Hope Bay to tag walleye on April 3 so that should work. Call my office number to check in and leave a message if I don't answer. 928 645 2392

Wayne,

I'm interested in buying your book if you still have them available. Is there a way I can pay you to ship to Phx area?

Wayne,

I'm interested in buying your book if you still have them available. Is there a way I can pay you to ship to Phx area?

Sure just send me your mailing address and I will mail you a book. When you receive it in good shape then just mail me a check for $20 to PO Box 1172, Page, AZ 86040

I know, I don't use my checkbook very much anymore either :) If that doesn't work then we can meet up next time you are at the lake.

I wrote a book about my life and the history of Lake Powell. It became available for sale in 2015. Most of the regular members bought a book to read, to store on the houseboat, or to give to friends and neighbors in 2016. I still have some books and would be glad to send you one in 2017 or to meet you when you come to the lake.

Just send me an email ( [email protected] ) and I can send one to your address or it may be possible to meet you when you come to the southern part of the lake. Taking a book to the northern part of the lake is a bit more complicated but it could happen.

Cost of the 161 page paperback book is $20. That includes postage if sent by mail.

It was fun to write the book but a lot more fun to deduct fishing expenses from my income taxes this year. I am considering the subject of my next book now. Thanks for reading Wayneswords

View attachment 278
Hi Wayne,

I've been reading your fishing report for years and would love to have your book...….if you have any left. My address is: 6030 Briarcliff Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80918. I understand that I'm to send payment after the book arrives. Thanks, Keith Stockman

Book is on the way as soon as the Post office opens tomorrow. Mail a check to PO Box 1172, Page, AZ 86040 when the book arrives in good shape.
WG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Wayne,
Sent you an email regarding a copy of your book, funds have been forwarded to the above Page AZ address.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. One of the things I am thankful for is this website with all of the information, fishing tips, and the opportunity to ask questions or advice from other members of this unique group. I started fishing at blue notch in the 70’s with a canoe and forked stick. I bought my first boat with a motor this spring, have fitted it with a real Fishfinder and trolling motor and my wife and I are enjoying being able to see more of powell than just red canyon. ( Am really thankful for Lisa saying, “buy a boat.” ) I have been a green fisherman my whole life but now have the means of learning how to fish for stripers. It is quite a learning curve. All of the threads on lures, methods, locations, and time of year differences have been very helpful. Recently, I received Wayne’s book and the details on striper fishing and life cycle has helped make better sense of all of the posts on these fish. We are looking forward to spending more time on the water and meeting more members on the lake. And for you diehards that are fishing today, good luck!

I bought all three of our children a copy or Wayne's book for Christmas, and a copy for my wife and me as well!
Wayne was kind enough to sign and write a nice greeting in each.
What an enjoyable read!
I read it all except the last chapter over our Christmas break and just finished it this afternoon.
Not only was it a fascinating read, and sort of like reading about friends and family, but a nice history of the Lake's inception and Wayne's diligent work to develop the incredible fishery we take for granted.
Another highlight, was learning a bit more about the typical behavior of the various Lake Powell fish species and Wayne's tips for increased fishing success.
I think it's going to help me be a better angler, not just at Powell, and am excited to try and put some of this information to application!
Wayne, thank you so much for this enjoyable book and the nice personalized signing in each!

The BarArz's

I bought all three of our children a copy or Wayne's book for Christmas, and a copy for my wife and me as well!
Wayne was kind enough to sign and write a nice greeting in each.
What an enjoyable read!
I read it all except the last chapter over our Christmas break and just finished it this afternoon.
Not only was it a fascinating read, and sort of like reading about friends and family, but a nice history of the Lake's inception and Wayne's diligent work to develop the incredible fishery we take for granted.
Another highlight, was learning a bit more about the typical behavior of the various Lake Powell fish species and Wayne's tips for increased fishing success.
I think it's going to help me be a better angler, not just at Powell, and am excited to try and put some of this information to application!
Wayne, thank you so much for this enjoyable book and the nice personalized signing in each!

The BarArz's
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad the book worked well for you and your family. I need to write a followup book and will go to work on that this year.

Back