Video From Our Trip Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
This time we tried something a little different, instead of one much longer video like we've sometimes done in the past we decided to split the days up into shorter videos. So this is just Day 1 of our trip, in the next few days we'll release day 2 and day 3. Hopefully it turns out well, I tried to add a bit more info on what we are using etc because we got so many questions about it... Enjoy.

Preston

I loved hearing your little guy screaming "get the net, get the net!" LOL. How do y'all manage to not accidentally hook somebody? You have a lot of people fishing from that boat. That in itself takes a bunch of skill!

How do y'all manage to not accidentally hook somebody? You have a lot of people fishing from that boat. That in itself takes a bunch of skill!

Definitely can get tricky at times but that's just how we've all grown up. I'd love to have the bow all to myself and only one other in the back but how do you tell somebody who wants to come no? We are trying to keep the San Juan trip to four ha.

Definitely can get tricky at times but that's just how we've all grown up. I'd love to have the bow all to myself and only one other in the back but how do you tell somebody who wants to come no? We are trying to keep the San Juan trip to four ha.
We've got myself and 3 boys aged 8 - 12.....and so far no major hookings! I have 2 other girls that may be joining as they get older and more patient (one is 1 and the other is 6) so we may end up more like your boat. However, we usually stay in a camp trailer at bullfrog and when the wife comes along on the trips we usually take a few out on the boat and a few stay and play with mom so we don't have too many dodging hooks.

Love the video. And I am also surprised how smoothly you fish that many people. 6 in that boat, plus having room to get all the gear up to GHB for a couple days. I am impressed.

We fished 4 out of my Lund once at Powell, it was way more crowded than I am comfortable with. Dad and I are going back in May. Two is the right number in my 16' boat, but you do what you have to do.

Another reason the terrova is invaluable is the remote, I can have ultimate boat control from anywhere on the boat. That aspect does make it a little easier to fish more.

Liked it. I liked the approach of being a more informative video, I think A LOT of people will find it helpful in choosing their gear when planning a trip to Powell.
I like the changing camera angles to keep the viewer interested.
Well done!
I just can't figure out what the video on buying plastic wrap was for!? Is this your secret weapon, was there an underlying message or were you just wrapping sandwiches?! Lol

Have a great trip.

This time we tried something a little different, instead of one much longer video like we've sometimes done in the past we decided to split the days up into shorter videos. So this is just Day 1 of our trip, in the next few days we'll release day 2 and day 3. Hopefully it turns out well, I tried to add a bit more info on what we are using etc because we got so many questions about it... Enjoy.

Preston

I notice you camp in a Kodiak tent. How does that hold up in the Lake Powell weather?

I notice you camp in a Kodiak tent. How does that hold up in the Lake Powell weather?

Works great! This is our second year with it. It's held up great in strong winds and rain. We just tie the corners to big rocks at Powell, steaks ar essentially worthless.

great video, really got my blood pumping. It's wonderful to see the generations fishing together

Works great! This is our second year with it. It's held up great in strong winds and rain. We just tie the corners to big rocks at Powell, steaks ar essentially worthless.
Good to know. I purchased one last year and its a great tent but haven't been in any weather yet. Headed to Bullfrog first week in May so we may get tested. Plan to stay in the campground so should have some protection.

Great video!
we look forward to seeing the next two installments. We are heading down tomorrow morning. Weather forecast is for mid to high 70's Tuesday and 80's Wednesday and Thursday so I expect water temps to crack 60 degrees! We'll be checking where the mud line is but considering just heading south (for at least one day) to Escalante (after watching your video from last May) or maybe haul it up to Ticaboo canyon (after reading your report last week) any last minute advice? Also, any one with experience in Seven Mile, Iceberg or Moki canyons? Are they worth trying?

Great video!
we look forward to seeing the next two installments. We are heading down tomorrow morning. Weather forecast is for mid to high 70's Tuesday and 80's Wednesday and Thursday so I expect water temps to crack 60 degrees! We'll be checking where the mud line is but considering just heading south (for at least one day) to Escalante (after watching your video from last May) or maybe haul it up to Ticaboo canyon (after reading your report last week) any last minute advice? Also, any one with experience in Seven Mile, Iceberg or Moki canyons? Are they worth trying?
I have had mixed results in Iceberg. At times we've done really well on wacky rigged senkos. Other times really slow. One of my boys did land a giant walley in there last spring. I've also done well trolling the wall just north of moki to the cove, picking up 1-2 striper or walleye for every pass last May. Although I hit it about 3 weeks ago an nothing. Make sure to report back as to your success! Good luck!

As always another great video. Looking forward to the next. Heading to the lake this Sunday for a week,fishing out of Stanton Creek. Weather is looking good so far and these videos definitely get one exited to wet the line.Thanks again.

Would really like to try boat camping on lake. Couple of guys coming over from Denver in 17.5 Smokercraft, Could you give us the do's and don't on what to bring for a run from Bull frog up to Good hope. Thanks , your videos are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back