Tow-able houseboats and swamp coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

K&M

We are beginning the process of looking for a (used) tow-able houseboat, that would be 10 1/2" wide and I think 35" long max? We have looked everywhere one can look and would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions--done Iboat, boattrader, craigslist..they seem to be very scarce, but we know a few are out there. Thanks if anyone has an idea for us. Also, we are wondering if people use swamp coolers on their houseboats? Seems like they would take less energy than an AC.
We always appreciate how everyone jumps in to help in our crazy questions!

We have that boat but a 2003. It is perfect for my wife and I. Built and feels much like a class C motor home on pontoons. The roof is usable for sleeping and lounging.
It has a pretty good AC on the roof of it so you will not need the Cooler. We added solar panel to ours which will run everything but the microwave and AC.
We keep it in dry storage at the Marina as is still requires a ADOT permit to move it on Arizona roads.

Anything over 8'-6" wide needs special trailering, on the highway, in the US, but some places and circumstances , only wide load banners. You would need to check with any State codes you are in.

I like that concept, Bart, but I'm not sold on the quality on Tracker mini's . Even though Myacht is the same company, they have evolved to do a better job, unless the Trackers newer than 2002 or 3 are better. I notice even that Party Cruiser has joints in the siding, which to me is ridiculous for that size cabin and was exactly the same problem with the Party Huts ….I even have methods to build , better than that ...Jmo

I should have known not to post this til Keith read it. I meant 8' 6" so we can tow it. We have been looking for a Myacht and just haven't found a used one yet.

Where is your base and how far would you go for one ???
We are in Durango (CO) (And we would probably want it at Halls.) How far? Probably depends on the deal! We are flexible, or will be by the time we pull the trigger. We do want a metal hull and sadly that cute one LP1 sent our way is fiberglass...

Very cool but just a wee bit out of our budget;) This is great seeing what others find for us to look at, though!! Thanks!

I DON'T KNOW EITHER BOAT, BUT I WOULD CONSIDER THE 30' , IF I DIDN'T HAVE 2 ALREADY.
SEEMS LIKE A DECENT DEAL … SORRY FOR THE CAPS...

Entertainment purposes for sure! I (Mary) am game for a small one, but that might just be a wee too small! Can you imagine a retired couple spending a couple of weeks in that together?! Retirement might not last all that long...

Entertainment purposes for sure! I (Mary) am game for a small one, but that might just be a wee too small! Can you imagine a retired couple spending a couple of weeks in that together?! Retirement might not last all that long...
I like it! Looks like the perfect rig to me! And, you can always add a wing! 😜

Ps. Landen says hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back