The Latest on Dangling Rope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Dangling Rope about ten days ago, had a delicious sandwich, norishisng shot of whisky, and reminisced about the past. Challenges ahead for mid-lake fuel. Alas, it can be done. Did not notice any buoys at the time restricting access. I wonder if it will come to pass mondo tire breakwaters are emplaced someplace along the main channel with a relatively narrow cross-section and done in a fashion similar to those at Antelope Point (i.e., 'weighted' cable anchors in vertical, or near-vertical, walls as opposed to horizontal anchorage surfaces). That's what I would do, but hey, they have not yet ("...but the word; 'yet'?..."; High Fideleity, Jack Black) called me in order to solve their problems...lol.

Went to Dangling Rope about ten days ago, had a delicious sandwich, norishisng shot of whisky, and reminisced about the past. Challenges ahead for mid-lake fuel. Alas, it can be done. Did not notice any buoys at the time restricting access. I wonder if it will come to pass mondo tire breakwaters are emplaced someplace along the main channel with a relatively narrow cross-section and done in a fashion similar to those at Antelope Point (i.e., 'weighted' cable anchors in vertical, or near-vertical, walls as opposed to horizontal anchorage surfaces). That's what I would do, but hey, they have not yet ("...but the word; 'yet'?..."; High Fideleity, Jack Black) called me in order to solve their problems...lol.
Power is really the biggest issue. I'm not sure you want to be running a generator out there full time.

Power is really the biggest issue. I'm not sure you want to be running a generator out there full time.
They could probably utilize the same infrastructure that supported dangling rope, they would just have to run power lines to the solar panels and probably do some upgrading.

Sure, they removed the marina... But there are still buildings, solar, and a water treatment area that were associated with DR. I wonder if there is a plan to demolish these or utilize them in the future.

They could probably utilize the same infrastructure that supported dangling rope, they would just have to run power lines to the solar panels and probably do some upgrading.

Sure, they removed the marina... But there are still buildings, solar, and a water treatment area that were associated with DR. I wonder if there is a plan to demolish these or utilize them in the future.
Unless they locate a new fuel station somewhere near DR (i.e. the same location, which has been ruled out as far as I know), they will have to run a very long conductor. This would necessarily have to be high voltage to prevent line losses from eating up all power without needing a truly massive (=expensive) conductor.

I think they want to reuse the existing infrastructure in some way, but it will probably have to act as a "Park Service Only" area due to the potential restrictions/constrictions resulting from low water.

It seemed people were friendlier and less stressed at DR than at the other marinas. Maybe cuz it was less crowded, they weren't in the just did the loading/launching thing, maybe cuz they'd had a few days on the lake to unwind? Or the pristine setting? :unsure:

I enjoyed many a nice leisurely conversation with less stressed boaters there.

Or maybe it was, as jimmybame suggests......the ice cream......10,000 carp can't all be wrong......

😋

Maybe the plan is to keep it closed, reopen it as a ghost town and charge entrance fee's.
Ya'know, boatdaddy, you could be right on....look what they did with Calico...:

Dangling Dooley could lead fearless intrepid groups with a 1/2 bottle of Sutter White Zinfandel with the 'roll' attached.....

....opps.....1/4 bottle........

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back