Slurps start! Report from Roger- UDWR tech at Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be taking a look NEXT weekend, all tge way to Hite from Halls. Gotta let the crowd die first. I can’t handle the HEAT+CROWD! Actually the crowd just sucks but short lived

Just got back rom Bullfrog. Small boils in Stanton each morning and around Halls houseboats. But the chovie bite was the way to go for us. Main channel towards Moki.

Roger reports:

I went to the Rincon yesterday and saw two slurps all day at bouy 81. We threw a lot of different lures and jigs but couldnt get them to bite. They would follow some to the boat but we didn't catch any. It was windy the majority of the time we were on the water so i think that's why we didn't see as many slurps. We went into iceberg canyon for an hour or so and caught a bunch of small and largemouth on small white and blue crank baits and white plastic jigs. We also found a school of walleye on the first bend in the canyon in the shadow and were able to bring a few in the boat using the crankbaits. It was a slow fishing day yesterday.

This morning before starting the creel creel survey I went out to Halls to chase slurps and could only get them to chase the lures to the boat but they wouldn't hit it. I have had a lot of reports of slurps throughout halls and bullfrog but no one is catching anything. I have had two fisherman coming back from red canyon and good hope with very good reports of stripers slurping and hitting rattle traps on every cast. Red canyon seems to be the best fishing. I have had reports of good fishing down at the Rincon but I haven't experienced it yet. I can say that I have experienced good fishing in red canyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back