New Member Greeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bracket racer is an economy operation. It runs on 91 pump gas. Its an old square tube Chassis with a 460 ford and weights 3000 pounds with me in it. Flatbed trailer and pick up truck and Pop up for shade. I have managed to go 10.31 et and 129mph. I go thru the traps at 6000 rpm. This old guy has gone some rounds with this old car. Not real pretty,but it only has to look good 50 feet in front of the other racer. DSCN2225.jpg

I used to race a 1967 Camaro in Pro Street. We did not go real fast, but e were consistent. I had a buddy who raced with me for over 20 years. I have many fond memories from this. I still own a 1969 Camaro that is considered a Pro Street car. Since Southern California doesn't seem to have much room for drag strips, I built it more to run on the street. It is a lot of fun to drive and take to car shows. By the way, to me a 10:31 at 129 is fast.

I used to race a 1967 Camaro in Pro Street. We did not go real fast, but e were consistent. I had a buddy who raced with me for over 20 years. I have many fond memories from this. I still own a 1969 Camaro that is considered a Pro Street car. Since Southern California doesn't seem to have much room for drag strips, I built it more to run on the street. It is a lot of fun to drive and take to car shows. By the way, to me a 10:31 at 129 is fast.
It's got 14 inch wide slicks that doesn't take much of a burn out and it is real consistent which is why I have been able to go some rounds lately. We race this weekend at Fontana. The weather will be about 102" so I made a single head mister with a 1 gallon yard sprayer pump to hang on the pop up. Moms didn't raise no sissy when it comes to hot weather.

Hi Bill,
With all your car talk, I couldn't resist adding a pic to my profile! - (64 GTO, 389 trips, 4spd. - 323:1 - mostly stock) PS- I told the wife about my plan to make the long haul on the fist day to get uplake and find a good spot. I'm thinking 4 hours gets me to around mile 28-30 from AP. Then scout out Neanderthal, West, Dungeon for a site. Thanks!

Hi Bill,
With all your car talk, I couldn't resist adding a pic to my profile! - (64 GTO, 389 trips, 4spd. - 323:1 - mostly stock) PS- I told the wife about my plan to make the long haul on the fist day to get uplake and find a good spot. I'm thinking 4 hours gets me to around mile 28-30 from AP. Then scout out Neanderthal, West, Dungeon for a site. Thanks!
Nice car also. 1964 was the first year for that, so you have done a good job keeping the car looking good.

I think you're right on for mm 30 in 4-4 1/2 hours. there are some great shortcuts between mm 19 and 25 if you are comfortable reading the water. Watch other boaters. Not jet skis.
Hi Bill,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back