McBeth's Death Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like there were a "few" people that predicted you'd be back. We didn't know how right we were, back in style to boot. Congrats.
Yea, having spinal surgery and laying down for 3 months really took its toll on my mental health...

I NEED a boat so bad I couldn't stand it any more, and after 27 years Amy is ultimately supportive and knows it's a wonderful way to spend quality time together.

Life is too darn short... You know, YOLO and all that!

And I figure this giant beast will take the wakes in the Maytag Straights like a battle ship! Can't wait to just fly right through there!

That Stingray 225LR we had was awesome, but it beat the heck out of us in the rough.

It was just not tenable with my bad back. So that's my justification :-0 And to Amy's credit, she bought in without hesitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a new 2021 Coach 265 DCRLC, duel console with full windshield (very rare) and wake tower (even more rare).

DCRLC | Coach Pontoons

Someone pre-paid $25K to pre-order it, backed out and forfeited the cash.

Not that I would wish that on anyone. Apparently it was some unfortunate circumstance yet the dealer said the guy didn't blink about giving up the deposit.

That said, as a result they had it sitting there 16 months and didn't want it on the books another winter.

So we got very very lucky... literally "stopping in" on a whim on our way back from Tucson.

MSRP was $148K (with trailer) and in today's market, people are paying close to (or even above) retail on new inventory. After researching similar rigs from several manufacturers for a few days we decided to do it.

Come to find out, sourcing a new rig like this is very hard.

27 foot high performance tri-toon, with dual console & full windshield (critical for those cold mornings!), wake tower and ski package, and a bullet proof 250HP Honda with 10 year warranty including engine... there are none of these available anywhere in the entire USA that we could find.

In any case, we thought it would never be within our reach but we snagged it for just over $90K out the door.

We were shocked to find out financing over $50K, you can do 20 year term and the monthly payment ends up far lower than our previous boat, which was half the price.

And as an aside, through USAA the Progressive Insurance is only $750 a year, with $500 deductible and full coverage. Again, much less than the full coverage on our prior Stingray 225LR with 300HP Volvo.

We sold our 2016 Stingray for $51K and our 2019 Lance RV for $35K (the used market on boats and RV's is ridiculously high)... so it seemed like a no-brainer to consolidate our passions into one platform, and focus on the water.

Over the past year, RV Parks have become the modern day equivalent of Disney Land with over-priced, poorly maintained spots, huge crowds, sold-out 6 months in advance, no customer service, and 2 hour waits at the dump stations on weekends when you try to go home.

Our conclusion was, we just need to get back out on the lake where finding peace and solitude is nothing more than opening your eyes.

Hope to see some of you out there. Say hello if you see us cruising around!
Chris, I was wondering how you managed it as the market right now is crazy as you well know. Kinda the same thing on the RV for us. But we had a Bigfoot Truck Camper we bought new in 2005 (it was a 2006) and were very ready for something bigger especially since one of my bucket list items is to fish the USA from coast to coast. And since I came down with a very aggressive tongue cancer early this year, and am of a similar mindset as you, wanted to start getting some of those items checked off, so we pulled the trigger. Should take delivery of that this week (hopefully).

And I see no reason why you can't stay on the lake as long as you like, just don't tell anyone. I have read somewhere that there is a limit to the consecutive days, but am not sure of the specifics. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in.

John

It's a new 2021 Coach 265 DCRLC, duel console with full windshield (very rare) and wake tower (even more rare).

DCRLC | Coach Pontoons

Someone pre-paid $25K to pre-order it, backed out and forfeited the cash.

Not that I would wish that on anyone. Apparently it was some unfortunate circumstance yet the dealer said the guy didn't blink about giving up the deposit.

That said, as a result they had it sitting there 16 months and didn't want it on the books another winter.

So we got very very lucky... literally "stopping in" on a whim on our way back from Tucson.

MSRP was $148K (with trailer) and in today's market, people are paying close to (or even above) retail on new inventory. After researching similar rigs from several manufacturers for a few days we decided to do it.

Come to find out, sourcing a new rig like this is very hard.

27 foot high performance tri-toon, with dual console & full windshield (critical for those cold mornings!), wake tower and ski package, and a bullet proof 250HP Honda with 10 year warranty including engine... there are none of these available anywhere in the entire USA that we could find.

In any case, we thought it would never be within our reach but we snagged it for just over $90K out the door.

We were shocked to find out financing over $50K, you can do 20 year term and the monthly payment ends up far lower than our previous boat, which was half the price.

And as an aside, through USAA the Progressive Insurance is only $750 a year, with $500 deductible and full coverage. Again, much less than the full coverage on our prior Stingray 225LR with 300HP Volvo.

We sold our 2016 Stingray for $51K and our 2019 Lance RV for $35K (the used market on boats and RV's is ridiculously high)... so it seemed like a no-brainer to consolidate our passions into one platform, and focus on the water.

Over the past year, RV Parks have become the modern day equivalent of Disney Land with over-priced, poorly maintained spots, huge crowds, sold-out 6 months in advance, no customer service, and 2 hour waits at the dump stations on weekends when you try to go home.

Our conclusion was, we just need to get back out on the lake where finding peace and solitude is nothing more than opening your eyes.

Hope to see some of you out there. Say hello if you see us cruising around!
You have to love USAA insurance which is available to those that serve - Not just to ex-marines like Chris and Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back