Howard Oatman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great man and a true friend of Lake Powell. Howard made spoons for us out of lead but his heart was solid gold. He gave so much to so many, a true original who will be missed by all.IMG_1666.JPG
Howard was always there to help when needed, coming to my aid more than once when I / we found ourselves stranded on the lake. To this great man Rest In Peace my friend.View attachment 831

Kind, patient, generous to a fault, a master craftsman, skilled mechanic, striper slayer, a fountain of Lake Powell knowledge and an expert with a fillet knife. A man who loved fishing and Lake Powell and shared his knowledge about both with anyone who cared to listen. I am proud to say I was one of those.

Howard, I will miss hailing the Hooligan ll every time we tie up to the Exec. Services dock, hoping to get a response that you and Ralph are on board. I’ll also sorely miss the camaraderie and story telling on the back deck.

You left us too soon and too suddenly Howard. I am comforted in the fact that you were able to complete one last trip to the Lake, before you were taken from us to a better place.

Rest in Peace friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back