Hite 2nd trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYKevin

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Went by myself the 6th and 7th, and it was great weather, and very good fishing. I started back where my son in law and I had left off, and I was throwing the same, Walleye assassin's, in salt and pepper. I know it make's for a boring report, when all a guy doe'sis throw the same lure, but when that lure catch's fish, not so boring.
Anyway, I had caught 25 Striper's, and then caught a 2lb Crappie, on the assassin, and the lake was like glass. So I weny to the 1/16 oz Crappie jig, and caught 12 more Crappie, and never moved the boat. Then a boat showed up, with Lou, Todd, and Kevin, and the fishing got slow. We fished the rest of the day, and it was slow, I did catch another 17 Striper, and not sure how many they caught.
Day 2, the 7th of Nov
It started off slow, where it left off on the 6th, Kevin, lou, and Todd showed up, and by 10:00 it was still slow, and they offered to cook breakfast, but I was allready having a sandwich. They ate, and headed out of North wash. It wasnt 10 minute's, and the fish started back. For most of the day, It wasnt fast, but I was catching Striper on a good drift, and I would drift, probably 200 yds, and go back, and do it again, catching 2 to 3, about every time. Then I started seeing fish on the graph, hugging right to the bottom, so I started banging the assassin, agressively and started catching Walleye. I caught 6, before it was time to go.
I knew the fish would probably bite, before the day was out, I had fished it for this being the 5th day, and I new how many fish were in and out of the area. But never leave the fish, there not all ways goning to bite fast.
I ended my trip, with 80 Striper, 14 Crappie, 4 weighing 2lbs, and 6 fat Walleye.

Attachments

• 20191107_162739.jpg
    20191107_162739.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 20191102_190238.jpg
    20191102_190238.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 276
  • 20191106_115738.jpg
    20191106_115738.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 275
  • 20191107_162901.jpg
    20191107_162901.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 20191107_142323.jpg
    20191107_142323.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 273
Man those Walleye are beautiful! Crappie and Stripers look pretty healthy as well. Thanks for the report, looks pretty stressful out there.

Last edited:
Hey Kevin, Lou here. I knew you were going to catch more fish we just dont have the patience to stick with it i guess. Hopefully we did not jynx you when we showed up:) It was great meeting you and getting valuable intel/info from you. We did catch a few more fish down lake but nothing like your catch. When are you going back?

Lou, I don't believe in jynx. But I do believe when you know the fish are there, that patience is good, but it is much easier to have patience, once you have caught them in a place, and it was slow from the start when you guy's came. It was great meeting you guy's allso. Kevin came buy last night, with his 14 year old fisherman, and we talked fishing for 1 1/2 hour's. I want to go back soon, but my Mother in law, is not doing well.
Have a good one.
I meant to ask you if you know Karl Anderson, in Richfield?

And fishingfoolBG, I'm just wanting to go back, and feel that thump again, it's a bad addiction, as I have ever had. And they were trip's to be jealous of. I am so glad my son in law Bryan Harrison, got to be a part of it, he is all way's good luck, and a great person to be with.
KyKevin

Went by myself the 6th and 7th, and it was great weather, and very good fishing. I started back where my son in law and I had left off, and I was throwing the same, Walleye assassin's, in salt and pepper. I know it make's for a boring report, when all a guy doe'sis throw the same lure, but when that lure catch's fish, not so boring.
Anyway, I had caught 25 Striper's, and then caught a 2lb Crappie, on the assassin, and the lake was like glass. So I weny to the 1/16 oz Crappie jig, and caught 12 more Crappie, and never moved the boat. Then a boat showed up, with Lou, Todd, and Kevin, and the fishing got slow. We fished the rest of the day, and it was slow, I did catch another 17 Striper, and not sure how many they caught.
Day 2, the 7th of Nov
It started off slow, where it left off on the 6th, Kevin, lou, and Todd showed up, and by 10:00 it was still slow, and they offered to cook breakfast, but I was allready having a sandwich. They ate, and headed out of North wash. It wasnt 10 minute's, and the fish started back. For most of the day, It wasnt fast, but I was catching Striper on a good drift, and I would drift, probably 200 yds, and go back, and do it again, catching 2 to 3, about every time. Then I started seeing fish on the graph, hugging right to the bottom, so I started banging the assassin, agressively and started catching Walleye. I caught 6, before it was time to go.
I knew the fish would probably bite, before the day was out, I had fished it for this being the 5th day, and I new how many fish were in and out of the area. But never leave the fish, there not all ways goning to bite fast.
I ended my trip, with 80 Striper, 14 Crappie, 4 weighing 2lbs, and 6 fat Walleye.
Great report! I was fishing Farley’s last weekend targeting crappie with little success but did manage a dozen nice stripers! I’m fishing out of a kayak so my range is limited! Just curious if you were launching out of Hite and if North Wash is fairly close to there! I’m new to lake Powell and am looking for areas fairly easy to access out of a kayak! TIA!

In your other post, someone said as of Nov. 9th you can no longer launch at Hite. NPS put up some barriers. Anyone know if there is a place to launch a small 16' boat at Farley's right now? Thinking of heading down in the morning.

In your other post, someone said as of Nov. 9th you can no longer launch at Hite. NPS put up some barriers. Anyone know if there is a place to launch a small 16' boat at Farley's right now? Thinking of heading down in the morning.
I was at Farley’s last weekend. Water depth was 12’ at the gravel ramp. Saw a 20’ Lowe boat launch with no problem. With the lake dropping about a foot a week should be doable for another month or so!

Great report! I was fishing Farley’s last weekend targeting crappie with little success but did manage a dozen nice stripers! I’m fishing out of a kayak so my range is limited! Just curious if you were launching out of Hite and if North Wash is fairly close to there! I’m new to lake Powell and am looking for areas fairly easy to access out of a kayak! TIA!
Do you mind sharing where you found the crappie? I’m just curious if they were shallow or out suspended in deeper water! Nice slabs by the way! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back