Haze over the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mu summer place is in Duck Creek Village area, about 25 miles away from the Brian Head fire and it is really bad. Started last Saturday by someone who was clearing brush with a propane torch. First day 950 acres, second day 1000 acres, it is now around 23,000 acres and has evacuated Brian Head and parts of west Panguitch Lake, some of the best trout fishing in Southern Utah. Just came back Wednesday after catching 10 beautiful 2 pounders.(Threw nine back). The fire was like a volcano erupting in the distance about 20 miles away and now it is threatening the lake I was fishing on only 2 days later. I was wondering when the smoke would reach Powell.
Fire near St. George in Brian Head, UT

Mu summer place is in Duck Creek Village area, about 25 miles away from the Brian Head fire and it is really bad. Started last Saturday by someone who was clearing brush with a propane torch. First day 950 acres, second day 1000 acres, it is now around 23,000 acres and has evacuated Brian Head and parts of west Panguitch Lake, some of the best trout fishing in Southern Utah. Just came back Wednesday after catching 10 beautiful 2 pounders.(Threw nine back). The fire was like a volcano erupting in the distance about 20 miles away and now it is threatening the lake I was fishing on only 2 days later. I was wondering when the smoke would reach Powell.
It was VERY evident on the front range in Colorado yesterday. Had a pink/red sun in the sky.

I just got back from a flight to Gallup and back to Prescott. There is smoke in the air at low level from Flagstaff to Gallup. Some of it had the inflight vis down to less than 3 miles. The heaviest was from about 18000' down to 10000'. Inflight winds were very light, 5-10kts above 18,000' so it's not getting blown away anytime soon. Chuck

For the first time, the fire management team is talking about the possibility of Duck Creek Village being in trouble. Lots of cabins and small town. It's all about the wind.
images

You had better be careful flying that drone over a fire area. You could get into a lot of trouble. If they shut down the planes fighting the fire because of drone problem, we will let them know who it was.

I am not sure if you are serious or not...

If there is a drone that can fly to space, please tell me where I can buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back