• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Great. Introducing the next generation wake boat. 8 foot waves.

JFRCalifornia

Let's just say 50,000 pounds is water ballast. That's about 6,000 gallons, which is about 800 cubic feet, which is roughly a 10' x 10' x 8' box. Doesn't even seem possible to fit 6,000 gallons on a boat like that.

Ryan

That's interesting, being an inboard, and a lot of weight, I thought it would do better than that.
I still think it is not all about displacement, but also hull design. If you look at the video, that boat has about as much bow rise as anything I've ever seen. And that is what we saw in person as well. The driver would have to be standing up 100% of the time, and even then the line of sight would not be good.

Also, if you look at the pocket where the rider would ride, it was pretty small, and much closer to the boat than it should be. You would be stuck surfing in that hole all the time because the wave is just too short.

Ryan

Let's just say 50,000 pounds is water ballast. That's about 6,000 gallons, which is about 800 cubic feet, which is roughly a 10' x 10' x 8' box. Doesn't even seem possible to fit 6,000 gallons on a boat like that.
At some point you have to talk about what the power plant is to push that through the water as well. I know my boat, on the water, full ballast, wedge down, and a full crew is less than 7000 pounds. Probably closer to 6000 pounds. With a 450 HP V8, at Powell elevation (which is low for us), I couldn't push much more weight.

And this "boat" is talking about pushing somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 times that amount of weight? I know there are some people on here that could likely chart it out, but how much HP are you talking about at that point to push that much weight? Certainly more than is realistic, especially when you are talking about trying to do it with electric power.

Add to that the best they can do is put out a photo that looks like a 7th grader got a couple lessons in photo shop.

The boat just isn't real, or worth getting worked up about.