Davey Jones Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Escalante-Class Member
So post up some things you have lost to the bottom of the lake, other than lures,towels and hats ect.
It happens to everyone!

Me....
Several pair of expensive Oakley sunglasses, a couple fish grippers and scales and a couple poles that stripers have stolen over the edge.

Come on GoldCup and tell us how many cell phones you have waterlogged? :ROFLMAO:

I lost a BBq Grill also. But it was while I was installing it on the rail. LOL

When I put the second one on I had someone help. Haha

Also lost a stainless box anchor.

Lots of hats and glasses but those kind of go with boating. The grill hurt the most.

Mike

So post up some things you have lost to the bottom of the lake, other than lures,towels and hats ect.
It happens to everyone!

Me....
Several pair of expensive Oakley sunglasses, a couple fish grippers and scales and a couple poles that stripers have stolen over the edge.

Come on GoldCup and tell us how many cell phones you have waterlogged? :ROFLMAO:

I think maybe three or four. Two I threw off the back of a houseboat (Art's fault), two fell in the lake and one I was able to save. I had to walk out to the boat with the phone in my pocket. Let's not bring up fishing poles and Shamono Carado reels or boats flipping over. I live a much more quiet life now.

I think maybe three or four. Two I threw off the back of a houseboat (Art's fault), two fell in the lake and one I was able to save. I had to walk out to the boat with the phone in my pocket. Let's not bring up fishing poles and Shamono Carado reels or boats flipping over. I live a much more quiet life now.
One downrigger with the weight comes to mind. Now who was I with? Oh yeah that was flaming gorge wasn't it Mr Cup? There was that pole over the side in 7 mile I hooked and rescued as well. Now who was I with? Oh yeah .....

One time in the mid 90's, my niece hooked a big striper with her princess pole, which quickly got yanked out of her hands. I watched my brother take a HUGE bite of KFC, almost at the exact moment the pole went overboard. He dove in, swam down quite aways, and came up with the pole! I took a picture of him, with pole in hand, and still chewing that chicken! :LOL:

Another save that I recall........Mondo hooked into what seemed like a strange fighting fish by the Dam. He horsed it into the boat, and it was if memory was correct, an Ambassador reel, on a nice pole. Nice to get a few back sometimes :cool:

P.S. They make sunglasses that float! I just bought some 30 something dollar ones off Amazon the other day. Not bad for some relatively cheap glasses and I can't really lose them unless they fall off at speed and I can't find them by the time I get turned back around.

WileyX RX sunglasses at buoy 25 at "the wall?" leaning over to grab a striper I had to pull my hat off and the hat lanyard pulled my frames right off my head.

they were 2 feet and descending when I made the call not to go head first after them. Our neighbor on one side was watching and said " hey man, you dropped your glasses" :) yeah I know....

$200 after insurance, they were PriceyX :)

my avatar, my dive boss had a nice fishing pole on the roof I didn't secure after using once. in rough water it launched forward and off into the water...we both saw it go. "Was the my fishing pole?!!","you're buying me another!"

Last Chance: a "downdraft" occurred on the beach at camp, it was like the Palm of Budda came down and compressed our easy up downward. it sprung and broke bolts... pulled the boat from its moorings.

I've been lucky so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back