Bullfrog Main Launch Ramp (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docker

I'm not sure if it's official, but the dock has been removed and I've heard the old cofferdam was starting to become an issue. I'm not sure what plans if any there are in the mean time, but for now it seems the only place to launch and retrieve is from the Exec side. Just a heads up for any of you hardcore guys that come down in the winter.

What is the coffer dam, any pics?

I've heard about the coffer dam a couple of times. I can only remember one time that I have had to use the sand to the right of the launch ramp and don't remember anything in the water below the ramp.

I launched a 24 ft boat many times in 2005 at 3555 without any problems. Just had to pick your line.

Last edited:
It has happened before. The last pic is of Hite and all the silt build up as the lake dropped. 3556. 2005-2006

Attachments

• BFRamp1.jpg
    BFRamp1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Ramp%20Detail1.jpg
    Ramp%20Detail1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Ramp%20Detail2.jpg
    Ramp%20Detail2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Hite Pic's 7-20-06 050.jpg
    Hite Pic's 7-20-06 050.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
So, have they banned launching from the shoreline at Hobi-Cat beach or next to the boatramp? Sq

Just talked to aramark, the executive boat ramp will remain open for at least a couple more months.
The guy I talked two said that there is some sort of dispute with lake Mead, and he was not sure if the main ramp would open this year? Anyone have a clue as to what he is talking about? I am heading down there on the 21st, hopefully I can go fishing.

Does anyone have a pix of the top of the Bullfrog boat ramp? Is it blocked off from access? Sq

I think maybe the Government shut down had something to do with the closing of the main launch ramp. In case they didn't have the personal to get it down when the cofferdam is even more of an issue. That's speculation though. I have not seen the top of the main launch ramp so I don't know if they have it blocked off or anything.

Is access to Hobie Cat still open? Spring fishin’ will be difficult having to use the Exec. Services ramp for EVERYONE. I’m trying to be polite. Sq

Last edited:
Some pictures at lake elevation 3576, January 29 2019. Not a soul down there right now.

The Bullfrog ramp is closed with cones blocking the top, but you can drive around them to the ramp bottom. I'm guessing ramp closed due to the Federal shutdown, the ramp did continue into the water.

The executive ramp is open with one dock and a ramp for the ferry. Picture of Hite overlook with the ramp very far from the water.

Hobie Cat is open with easy access to the water.

Attachments

• IMG_2936.jpg
    IMG_2936.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2937.jpg
    IMG_2937.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 159
  • RAMP2.jpg
    RAMP2.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 156
  • ramp3.jpg
    ramp3.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ramp5.jpg
    ramp5.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 154
@VanillaIceCream , did they move the NPS dock? It was always to the left of the slips as you went down there, now it looks to be over by the Executive Services ramp?

Vanilla...

Ryan meant the ramp over near the covered slips, the ferry load area, the park service has relocated their docks you can see them in the photos of that ramp. Thats called the Executive Services Ramp.

WaterDog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back