Boycott the NFL -- Enjoy Lake Powell in its stead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goblin

Breitbart
· September 24 at 6:14am ·

#WeStand

Everyone has 1st Amendment rights but not at work and not without consequence. How many of us would get way with saying or doing whatever we please at work.

I support your right to protest however misguided you are. Just do it on your time and dime....NOT mine.

See how I made this a Lake Powell issue in the title? Sorry but this needed to be said.
Goblin

Have not watched one game. This crap is out of hand and loss of viewers is what will make a difference.(hopefully)

I've posted all over Facebook, including the Denver Bronco's FB page. That if they kneel, I will not watch. We're individuals, but if we all stand together, we can make our voices heard. Seems strange to protest the thing that gives you the right to protest.

I bet none of those idiots served our country!
Alejandro Villanueva of the Pittsburgh Steelers was the only one to come to the field for the Anthem. He was an Army Ranger, and is apparently one of the few who appreciates the sacrifices made by the men and women of the military. I'm sure it took great courage for him to break ranks and stand proud.

:eek:
Alejandro Villanueva of the Pittsburgh Steelers was the only one to come to the field for the Anthem. He was an Army Ranger, and is apparently one of the few who appreciates the sacrifices made by the men and women of the military. I'm sure it took great courage for him to break ranks and stand proud.
Unfortunately Villanueva has now kowtowed to his teammates. He is now claiming that he accidentally walked out onto the field and had intended to remain behind in the tunnel with everyone else.

I guess they don't get paid for intelligence over there in the NFL ........Just be honest and say, :eek:"I buckled man!":eek: :confused:"They broke me man!":confused: o_O"I couldn't take it man!"o_O At least that is believable whereas being either unfamiliar with the play called or how to run it, is not. Perhaps he is a little hazy about being in the tunnel or out in the daylight:oops:....sheesh! A five year old could make up better stories than that. If I'm exaggerating at all it would be in the age of the child used in comparison... maybe four or three year old would be better.

Goblin
On a side note the original story prompted a flood of Villanueva jersey orders rocketing his jersey to #1 in sales. I'm a thinnin' there will be a whole bunch of cancelled orders, returned orders or burned in effigy jerseys.

I still can't fathom all of this, I still struggle to see the connection of kneeling during the National Anthem and Police Brutality?? The National Anthem/Flag is symbolic of our country and our rights, and deserves to be respected. Taking a knee is disrespectful, in my life if I ever protested anything, disrespecting got me further away from fixing the issue. There are better ways to stand up for what you believe in, no issues with holding hands or arms during the Anthem, it shows solidarity which is good. All I see is a 5 yr old screaming up and down demanding something from their parents, time for a spanking!

Maybe I am just too simple minded to understand????

I loved my country when Bush was the President, when Clinton was the President, when Obama was the President, and still love and respect my country with Trump. Please find a better way to protest, because the reason they are protesting is now lost on most............

DirecTV Offering Refunds on NFL Packages Over Anthem Protests
If you “dish” it out, you gotta be able to take it.
9.26.2017 Trey Sanchez
upload_2017-9-27_18-3-33.png

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that satellite cable provider DirecTV is allowing “at least some customers” to cancel subscriptions to its NFL Sunday Ticket package as long as they cite the anthem protests as a reason.

“Sunday Ticket’s regular policy doesn’t allow refunds once the season is under way,” the report notes. “But [DirecTV] representatives said they are making exceptions this season—which began in September—in response to the protests, in which players kneel or link arms during the national anthem.”

A Sunday Ticket package costs nearly $300 and DirecTV noted handling a “high volume of calls to cancel.” Those subscriptions account for $1.5 billion a year in revenue for DirecTV and the NFL.

Former Sunday Ticket customers took to Twitter to announce their cancellations:
upload_2017-9-27_18-20-29.png

Here's a new suggested logo for the football league:

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-26%20at%206_17_26%20PM.png

Some may find this info useful,
Goblin

I

Breitbart
· September 24 at 6:14am ·

#WeStand

Everyone has 1st Amendment rights but not at work and not without consequence. How many of us would get way with saying or doing whatever we please at work.

I support your right to protest however misguided you are. Just do it on your time and dime....NOT mine.

See how I made this a Lake Powell issue in the title? Sorry but this needed to be said.
Goblin

It is definitely an issue! The occupant of the White House for the previous 8 years and his syncophants in the leftist media, attacking law enforcement, and lying about the criminals perpetrating the attacks on the police, has set race relations back at least 50 years! The only group legally discriminated against since the 1960's are white males! Apparently the most coddled losers, whose only accomplishment is being athletic, and black, gives them the right to disrespect the country that has kissed their ignorant a**es and paid them $tens of millions per year while they are trashing the country!

Hopefully viewership and attendance will rapidly decline, and the league will be bankrupt before the end of the season. College ball is closer to the real game, and is much better to watch! Goodell is the most worthless PC coward to be in such a position!

I reserve my right to protest the stupidity. No more NFL and no more college ball. I will not support the cry babies or the snow flakes. God Bless this great nation!

This is a good thing, less couch time for more lake time. I gave up the boob tube all together with the exception of recorded NHRA events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back