Blue Notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it up on google maps, the road is 206a. Quite a few off road articles and such on it as well. I know someone here knows the more specifics of the mile markers, I couldnt quite make them out on street view for the maps. If youre coming from the north though you pass the white canyon bridge, then the glen canyon sign on your left, its another couple miles after that. There are a couple other dirt roads, the 206a turns straight off (instead of winding right away) for a ways. Looking up to the butte you'll see the actual pass. Fun times, thankful we don't have to really use it anymore though.

Look it up on google maps, the road is 206a. Quite a few off road articles and such on it as well. I know someone here knows the more specifics of the mile markers, I couldnt quite make them out on street view for the maps. If youre coming from the north though you pass the white canyon bridge, then the glen canyon sign on your left, its another couple miles after that. There are a couple other dirt roads, the 206a turns straight off (instead of winding right away) for a ways. Looking up to the butte you'll see the actual pass. Fun times, thankful we don't have to really use it anymore though.
Thanks we are coming in from the south .

i think the closest one is 60 its kind of in between mile markers , like JBinNM said look for the cow sign and the pond and the blue notch, i'm om my way down thursday if it will quit snowing long enough for me to get out of northren utah, we got more this morning. if anyone has a fishing report for the notch or red canyon let's hear it , fishing this time of year is a crapshoot anyway but a day fishing beats any thing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the closest one is 60 its kind of in between mile markers , like JBinNM said look for the cow sign and the pond and the blue notch, i'm om my way down thursday if it will quit snowing long enough for me to get out of northren utah, we got more this morning. if anyone has a fishing report for the notch or red canyon let's hear it , fishing this time of year is a crapshoot anyway but a day fishing beats the hell out of any thing else.
Thanks

Garry i spent 2 weeks in blue notch , the road is normal except there was snow on the road ,and it melts during the day turning it into ice ,3 places on the east side where the sun never shines were scary but not issue , the fishing was slow but that's winter fishing i did not see anyone in the 14 days i was there, caught all my fish trolling anything chartreuse 20 foot down . it was cold and windy went on a lot of beautiful hikes had a wonderful time . winter at Powell . the stripers i caught have doubled in size from this time last year

Garry i spent 2 weeks in blue notch , the road is normal except there was snow on the road ,and it melts during the day turning it into ice ,3 places on the east side where the sun never shines were scary but not issue , the fishing was slow but that's winter fishing i did not see anyone in the 14 days i was there, caught all my fish trolling anything chartreuse 20 foot down . it was cold and windy went on a lot of beautiful hikes had a wonderful time . winter at Powell . the stripers i caught have doubled in size from this time last year
Thanks for the report . Did camp near blue notch or red canyon?

What water temperature did you have?

Lwh,
Do you have a rough count and species caught? Heading down next week, staying on hb in bullfrog. Wondering if it’s worth the 1+ hr drive up north? Thanks

chovycaptain on good not to windy days i caught stripers,sm bass, a few walleye ,1 cat fish . on the warm days i caught from 5 to10 stripers i think the smallmouth were feeding in the same school as stripers, the cat caught on a ned rig with a power worm, i saw a lot of fish on the bottom in 25 to 35 feet and would stop and drop spoons jigs,bait never got any hits . i have a electric motor on my kayak so i can troll 2.5 to 3 mph .i didn't see a lot of fish out on the main lake but it was pretty windy, it sounds like it was better spooning at and around bullfrog , pray for warmer weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back