• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Bass hitting topwater lures at Lake Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterlogged

Top water is a hoot. Spent a full day last fall in Good Hope Bay casting and catching. Zara spook and a ridiculous colored popper were the lures of the day. Thanks for the video

birdsnest

Escalante-Class Member
Top water is a hoot. Spent a full day last fall in Good Hope Bay casting and catching. Zara spook and a ridiculous colored popper were the lures of the day. Thanks for the video
You need to win the top water lures on the water contest. I'm something of a beginner at building lures but if a ridiculous colored lure was the lure of the day mine will work. Topwater rocks.

just plain bill

all i throw are clear spooks, my current favorite being the azuma. totally addicted to topwater! had 104 strikes here on lake bastrop last august one morning! i actually gave away 99% of all my other lures that werent topwater, lol. if i cant get someone to offer a backseat this summer, i'm thinking of dragging my boat up there and fish a coupla days. i would then drag it to bend, oregon and take my grandson fishing on prineville reservoir. i just hate dragging it through the wilderness of new mexico, az, etc. we'll see. i love powell. plus the golf course is one of my favorites.

birdsnest

Escalante-Class Member
I am building topwater lures and I love to get reports so I can keep on top of the action. Only a beginner but I listen. Thanks Nomo and j p bill.

Bajatails

That was a great video. I fish topwater poppers here in Oklahoma but have never fished them on Lake Powell. This video has me second guessing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.