Bass hitting topwater lures at Lake Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top water is a hoot. Spent a full day last fall in Good Hope Bay casting and catching. Zara spook and a ridiculous colored popper were the lures of the day. Thanks for the video

Top water is a hoot. Spent a full day last fall in Good Hope Bay casting and catching. Zara spook and a ridiculous colored popper were the lures of the day. Thanks for the video
You need to win the top water lures on the water contest. I'm something of a beginner at building lures but if a ridiculous colored lure was the lure of the day mine will work. Topwater rocks.

all i throw are clear spooks, my current favorite being the azuma. totally addicted to topwater! had 104 strikes here on lake bastrop last august one morning! i actually gave away 99% of all my other lures that werent topwater, lol. if i cant get someone to offer a backseat this summer, i'm thinking of dragging my boat up there and fish a coupla days. i would then drag it to bend, oregon and take my grandson fishing on prineville reservoir. i just hate dragging it through the wilderness of new mexico, az, etc. we'll see. i love powell. plus the golf course is one of my favorites.

I am building topwater lures and I love to get reports so I can keep on top of the action. Only a beginner but I listen. Thanks Nomo and j p bill.

That was a great video. I fish topwater poppers here in Oklahoma but have never fished them on Lake Powell. This video has me second guessing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back