WW North End Social??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTwister

Hi all,
My wife and I will be spending Spring Break on Lake Powell, North end fishing and relaxing.
March 29th - April 6th. We do this every year. Shore Camping.
Anyone else going to be on the lake that week??
We know there aren’t many people out on the lake at this time of year, but we see a few.

Morning Brunch or an Afternoon Fish Fry.
We are up to hosting a brunch or fish fry one of those days, up on the North end.
Sunday the 31st Date and time negotiable .......... What do you think?

We can leave a Note on the Good Hope Floating Restroom.
Showing where our Camp is.
Or we can set out a couple yellow marker balloons to mark the canyon we are in.
With the low water level, I’m not sure where we will camp this trip.
Favorite campsites are high and dry. Where’s the mud line?

Let us know if anyone would like to Meet and Eat.
RSVP

Gregg

Gloria and I plan on shore camping in the Red Canyon/Blue Notch area leaving Halls on the 29th and returning on Tuesday the 2nd. We'll look for you in the area.

Hi all,
My wife and I will be spending Spring Break on Lake Powell, North end fishing and relaxing.
March 29th - April 6th. We do this every year. Shore Camping.
Anyone else going to be on the lake that week??
We know there aren’t many people out on the lake at this time of year, but we see a few.

Morning Brunch or an Afternoon Fish Fry.
We are up to hosting a brunch or fish fry one of those days, up on the North end.
Sunday the 31st Date and time negotiable .......... What do you think?

We can leave a Note on the Good Hope Floating Restroom.
Showing where our Camp is.
Or we can set out a couple yellow marker balloons to mark the canyon we are in.
With the low water level, I’m not sure where we will camp this trip.
Favorite campsites are high and dry. Where’s the mud line?

Let us know if anyone would like to Meet and Eat.
RSVP

Gregg
I will be house boating up by Scorup Canyon the 27th until the 31st may be up to 3 boats and 8 guys. Like you not sure of the camp site until we arrive. Can not make the fish fry on Sunday heading back that day but you are welcome at camp anytime. Fishing in yellow 23 ft boat if you see us say hi.

We will be camping in the Halls Creek campground during that time and would like to meet up with you! We will look at the Good Hope Bay toilet for info for Sunday the 31st. Our boat is a blue & grey 19.50 Crestliner Fish Hawk. We'll be also looking for those yellow balloons!

We are camping at Stanton creek campground. We be there 29- 5 . 22ft suntracker fishing barge. Say hi if you see us .

Last edited:
We will be at the bullfrog campground across from the gas station, from the 25th to 30 March. White Bayliner I/o with blue top. Sq

Wayne have you heard if the mud line has started up by the horn yet?

I have not, but it seems logical that the color change would be near the Horn due to the slight increase in runoff with seasonal warming and the lower lake levels which means the Colorado River will dump into Lake Powell near Trachyte Canyon or Two Mile Canyon. As soon as runoff begins in earnest the mudline will move downstream to Red Canyon. It is still possible to find fishable water in the side canyons not directly affected by the main stream runoff. Scorup, Red and Blue Notch will still be fishable.

Wayne have you heard if the mud line has started up by the horn yet?

A member posted photos from a flight over LP last weekend.

https://wayneswords.net/threads/flight-over-lp-march-15-and-17-2019-water-level-3570-8.2529/

Looks like the inflow to the Lake starts around Trachyte. Not much was dirty yet, but with the low lake levels and the huge runoff coming I bet the mudline goes way downstream this year! As I remember, early mid-April was really great fishing in 2017 (big runoff year). By May 1, Even the side canyons of Red Canyon were too muddy to fish. And the side canyons are not very big right now!! But in 2017, it was warm in March, and the inflow was already pretty high by now....

North End Social - Brunch is ON.

Sunday Brunch 10 am
March 31st Late Breakfast.

Will post note & location on Good Hope Bay floating restroom.
Most likely we will be in Ticaboo canyon or south edge of Red canyon.??
Yellow marker balloons written on, to mark the canyon we are in.

Here in Idaho, We still have a foot of snow in our yard.
I really need some sun and fishing .......... Come on warm weather!!

Pancakes, Ham, eggs and hash browns.
Lots of toppings, maple, apricot & berry syrups, peach & strawberry frozen jams.
Chocolate chip or blueberry pancakes. Whip Cream!

I hope someone stops by. Bring a chair and your appetite.
Bring a fish story or two. Big fish stories require pictures for proof.

VHF 16 monitored Hail Mix / Walker boats. Idaho / Nevada
FRS 16 monitored Yellow White

White Duckworth w/maroon boat camper.
Yellow WeldCraft black top. White pop-up Canopy cook tent.

Hope to see you there!

I will be leaving Bullfrog that morning. Would like to attend but it doesn’t work for this one. Sq

We just left Halls. Fishing was pretty good in Halls (different world with water so low) Trolled up stripers on Lucky Crafts and pounded flat shoreline points and caught some really nice smallies and crappies (2 crappie were 14.5"). Water temp was consistently in mid to upper 50's even showed 60 at a few points. Have fun catch many !

My wife and I are planning to be on the water Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week...have to head back to New Mexico Sunday, so sadly will miss the brunch, but sounds delicious!
Since it will be a short trip, we will likely leave the truck camper at home and stay at the Lodge at Bullfrog.
Silver over White Crestliner with a silver outboard and black kicker...
We will make the Good Hope run a couple of times no doubt. So hope to see some of you.
Squirrel, we will try and stop by the campground and say hello.

We just left Halls. Fishing was pretty good in Halls (different world with water so low) Trolled up stripers on Lucky Crafts and pounded flat shoreline points and caught some really nice smallies and crappies (2 crappie were 14.5"). Water temp was consistently in mid to upper 50's even showed 60 at a few points. Have fun catch many !

Yummy! Crappie the OTHER White meat! Good eating there.

Wish I could attend also but have other commitment already. Good Luck on the fishing and the brunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back