WTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Moore

Yesterday evening at Bullfrog medics were called to the furthest dock from shore. NPS, and other ran back and forth. A flight crew was brought in and they had to walk. All the time these folks were running by the houseboat I looked at Aramark golf carts just sitting.
I ask one female NPS officer who’s face was so flushed I worried for her, why wasn’t Aramark carts being used. She shrugged and said “they liked the exercise “. The flight crew walk out empty handed and left.
I learned today leaving that the person passed, but leaves me wondering if their response time might have been better using these carts rather than trying to run that distance if the outcome might have been different.

When I worked at the lake, I was reminded several times that Aramark and NPS are 2 separate entities and were actually forbidden to "mingle" with each other. I never understood why I was told that was the policy, but I do know there always seemed to be a distance between the two and didn't seem to work together very well.

With that being said, I would hope that the petty "rules" didn't cause this persons demise just because Aramark wouldn't let NPS use the golf carts in an emergency.

How about we forget about who did or didn't do what and think about the lost loved one.
We lost a good friend and he lost his wife of many years. They were at a place where she loved to be.

Everyone involved did the best they could with the situation, when it is your time, its your time!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dennis and his family at this tough time

How about we forget about who did or didn't do what and think about the lost loved one.
We lost a good friend and he lost his wife of many years. They were at a place where she loved to be.

Everyone involved did the best they could with the situation, when it is your time, its your time!

Prayers for the family always go out to ones that loose a loved one, no matter what the circumstance. I don't know the tragedy details, just what is posted here and taking it at face value.

The real question that is being addressed here is, could her life have been saved with a better response time, or was it a situation where the golf carts wouldn't have made a difference? The golf carts would have been a lot quicker up and down the docks, but if it was already too late, then they wouldn't have made a difference. Would they? That is why I posted about the not working together. I seen it first hand and have first hand experience and stories.

Seeing how no details are involved with this situation, Please share as to why the passing of another Lake Powell lover happened. We are all wondering what happened and saddened by another death at LP.

Another sad day at Lake Powell. And yes. Prayers are being said for the family, by all of us I'm sure.

I so agree with you Dan. It’s just heart breaking when I spent years in that business and saw lots of death that could and should have been prevented. Many prayers for the family

I so agree with you Dan. It’s just heart breaking when I spent years in that business and saw lots of death that could and should have been prevented. Many prayers for the family
I also agree whole heartedly with Dan. I'm glad no names have been given to respect the privacy and respect for the family. I'm sure it is a tough time for them and prayers are being said.

But, that is not what the O.P. talks about. It asks if anything better could have been done to save her life. Maybe this conversation can spark an outrage to get the 2 entities in the park to work together and possibly save a life or 2. Would it have helped if they had use of the golf carts? I don't know. Would it have helped with response time? Most definitely. That is a long run from shore to the end of the dock. No entity is to blame, it's the policies in place on both sides that need to be questioned.

Is the simple "denied use" of the golf cart and personnel an example of (as Steve says) "could and should have been prevented"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back