Wondering about my old houseboat at Halls.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer864

Sold our houseboat in 2005 and have been wondering about it the last few years. It was a 1989 Leisurecraft 15 x 56, red and white, with a penthouse, slide, and two white 115hp Johnsons. Think the old bouy number was 301 or 321, something like that. I know we sold it to a guy from New Mexico and transferred the bouy to him. The name of the boat back then was Valhalla. I loved that boat and hated to see it go. We had moved from Denver to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and the quote to ship the boat there was 35K.

Anyone ever see it around?

I seem to remember that boat in the bouyfield. I'd be happy to look for it on our next trip. Hopefully that will be in March.

To my knowledge there are no boats in the Halls buoy field with a Penthouse. The name doesn't sound familiar either. I'd guess it's sitting in one of the dry storage locations.

Thanks. All the pics of it disappeared when a hard drive they were on crashed. I recently came across old expenses on it from back then. Bouy rent was 3500 a year, insurance 2600, taxes around 700. Sold it for 47500 less a 10% commission to the lake mafia or they wouldnt transfer the bouy. I guess some things never change.

I remember when I took my girlfriend and her daughter out for a few days camping down by the Rincon. It was windy as heck that day, whitecaps with water sheared off the tops of them. I show my girlfriend, now wife, how to steer it and tell her just keep it pointed down the middle. I took off in the runabout looking for a good spot out of the wind up ahead. I came back a few minutes later after having found a good spot and she had done a great job. That was her first experience with hydraulic steering. Later that night the wind was howling but we were in a nice protected spot. Someone came over the radio asking for help, that their houseboat had slipped its anchor lines. All I could tell them was fire the engines up and keep it pinned to the beach. Never heard from them after that, I assume they got thru it ok. I think that was the trip when the water was so low that we walked on the bottom of Cathedral in the Desert. There was a little waterfall flowing into it and it was a beautiful sight. Low water often sucks, but in that case it was really neat to see stuff that had been covered for so long. I think all the years we went to Powell the water went down every year. The boat ramp at Bullfrog kept getting extended and extended, finally it was down to launching off the old blacktop road that ran into the lake. Hard to believe that the rocks that were just breaking the surface 100yds from the ramp, we were now driving our truck past to get to the water. I need to get the kids and grandkids out there sometime and look up a few of our old haunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back