• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Wind Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdsnest

I've seen a tricked out housboat parked in the walmart parking lot in Page the last few times I went to the lake. It looks like a cross between Sanford and Sons and the Back to the Future car. A large wind turbine and several solar panels mounted at different angles. I thought it was kinda cool but know Ma Ma would not allow it. I think it is a very ingenious idea to create power while you're traveling. My cabin is off grid so I really appreciate electricity but don't know how effective or costly a wind turbine would be, but do know that wind is abundant at Powell.

VanillaIceCream

I've only seen them on sailboats when I was on the East Coast, mainly for cruisers who don't want to run an engine to charge the batteries. Lake Powell doesn't have the steady ocean breezes, I would be concerned one of Lake Powell's crazy wind storms might overspeed the windmill and kill it.

But if you get more info please share it...

Jammer864

I second the noise. They would be great if they could find a way to silence the constant buzzing from them as they spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.