Whopper Popper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Yet You Bet

Looking for some suggestions on where the best place is to order whopper ploppers. I see a lot listed on Ebay from china, and that seems to be the cheapest place to get them. Are the china whopper ploppers any good, or are they junk?
Some have a soft spinning tail, and others appear to have a hard tail. What is the best?
Has anyone out there ordered the china whoppers ploppers and been satisfied with what they received? If so possibly give me a seller name that I can go to.
Also what colors should I order?
I have never tried the whopper plopper, and thought I might get a few and give them a try.
Thanks for any info from those that have used the whopper plopper.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of the knock-offs from China, and will be on the lake next week (10/20-26). They are all the hard-tail model. I will let you know what I thought of them when I get back home.

We fished LP Oct. 1-5 (North end) and I fished the Whopper Plopper early and late each day and never got bit. My buddy used a Zara Spook (bone) and caught a great 21.5" large mouth and had one additional bite but didn't hook up. He fished his top water a ton more than my Plopper. I use only the official River2Sea version and have never been disappointed, they are expensive but work great, just not this trip. Colors; Bone, Powder and Monkey Butt. Good luck! AB Frank.jpg

We just got back from a trip last week (fished South but spent the majority of the time in Oak) and I threw the 90 Silent (3.5in 3/8oz) on a spinning rod and got hammered all week long (Striper and Smallies alike). Also had as good, if not better action using Sammys and Spooks. The topwater bite, pretty much all throughout the day was the best we had ever experienced and even though other techniques were working just as well, it's just too much fun to catch them up top :) Oak and Kane Creek area were by far the best spots...wide open at times!!!

Davew
OK I looked and thanks.
Now that you have had some for a while, what do you think of the quality and performance.
Can you give me an exact address of where you ordered and the colors you got.(assuming you are happy with them0.
Thanks.
I got mine on Amazon. I’ve only used them a few times at Powell. When nothing else was working, the Whopper Plopper did.

I ordered a bunch -- like 20 -- the 3 colors I remembered were 110-4, 110-8, and 159-2
at 3.22 a piece, it was great.
address is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32934659199.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.a9794cafmqlltv

took a few months to get them, but the quality is good, and I have no complaints ---- I plan on ordering more knock off lures from them.
these all were hard tail type. These were the 1st whopper popper's I have ever used, so can not tell you the difference compared to the original --- They move a lot of water, and make a lot of noise, but work well in my limited experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back