What It Would Take to Save Lake Powell and Lake Mead

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

they're not shipping the water, they're shipping the products that the water has grown. if you want to restrict things like this then why are we exporting food in general?

with recent events in the Ukraine and Russia impacting food exports and threatening disruptions and starvation doesn't that make you go "Huh?" about a planet that's due to add another few billion people?

i'm not against life or people, but i do think we have enough people and population controls should no longer be left as they are. instead we should all be on birth control as teens until later in life, mandatory and then gradually reducing the populations in countries which consistently have a difficulty feeding their people.

paying people to not have children at all.

i've done my part (no children, never wanted any, would make a horrible parent).

Gunny

they're not shipping the water, they're shipping the products that the water has grown. if you want to restrict things like this then why are we exporting food in general?

with recent events in the Ukraine and Russia impacting food exports and threatening disruptions and starvation doesn't that make you go "Huh?" about a planet that's due to add another few billion people?

i'm not against life or people, but i do think we have enough people and population controls should no longer be left as they are. instead we should all be on birth control as teens until later in life, mandatory and then gradually reducing the populations in countries which consistently have a difficulty feeding their people.

paying people to not have children at all.

i've done my part (no children, never wanted any, would make a horrible parent).
These kids are reducing the population all on their own! Narcissistic, greedy, selfish, lazy.... all of this is contributing to the average age of marriage to now being over 30yrs of age and they are having MUCH less children. The replacement rate is 2.1 children per couple and the US is hovering just above 1.6 and dropping steadily so that's the good news. Plus SUPPOSEDLY sperm counts have been dropping 1pct every year for something like 40yrs and will continue so little by little this will all contribute to less water being used. Problem is only my grandchildren will see the results. But the millennials have started it and the Gen Z's have continued population control.

Status
Not open for further replies.