What Changes When We Hit 3,525?

PowellBride

Staff member
Power generation shouldn’t be a problem this coming water year. But marina operations at Bullfrog seem highly questionable to me. I’d be thinking about moving to Halls Crossing if I had a slip or buoy at Bullfrog, despite some inconveniences for driving there. Bullfrog Ramp isn’t going to be available and whether or not marina operations will be able to continue through the low water level next spring seems very questionable to me.
Kevin,

With no ramp at Hall’s you still need the Bullfrog ramp operational. We heard talk last year about pushing Bullfrog marina services closer to the main channel, but that only makes sense if there is a plan for a net new ramp at either Hall’s or Bullfrog. without a new ramp, the only benefit of Hall’s will be that at least you are still floating and can walk to a houseboat in a slip

Kevin G

Kevin,

With no ramp at Hall’s you still need the Bullfrog ramp operational. We heard talk last year about pushing Bullfrog marina services closer to the main channel, but that only makes sense if there is a plan for a net new ramp at either Hall’s or Bullfrog. without a new ramp, the only benefit of Hall’s will be that at least you are still floating and can walk to a houseboat in a slip
yes, I think having the marina "floating" should be an important priority. ;)

If they are projecting a spring 2023 low of 3500-3510 and the current extended ramp is useful only to 3520 - what's the solution for Bullfrog? Seems like they will also be without a working ramp. Halls and Bullfrog are just going to have to consolidate into one marina in the deepest water they can find - I think it's almost inevitable. They need to pick a location that adjusts to the "new norm" and plan for that to be the future. Shore access and build a new ramp at whatever location is closest to the best long term location for the relocated Marina. Bullfrog side probably makes the most sense, if there is deep enough water somewhere over there to float it, because there is a lot more infrastructure and businesses on the Bullfrog side. It's a shame - I love having both facilities but I don't see it returning to what it was for a long time, if ever.

Last edited by a moderator: