What animal left this print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pccaptainjack

Hi Worldings,

A friend of mine was camped in Oak Canyon last weekend and slept outside on the middle deck. He woke up the next day to find this print on the front door of the houseboat and then muddy prints up the stairs and had walked all the way around him. Any ideas what kind of animal? it is not a small print

To say the least he didn't sleep outside again!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 282
After zooming in on the picture it actually appears to be 2 prints, 1 to the right and slightly above the more pronounced print replace5.pngreplace4.pnggiven the shape I would say not a canine as they are more of a diamond shape. The lion being a select top predator and the bear being an omnivore with a nose 10 times better than a blood hound, I 'd guess boo boo was after your picnic basket.

In the interest of Public safety I must post this recent alert and warning from the Utah Department of Fish & Game. Please stay safe out there.

2018-08-04

Reply to Attn of: Utah Department of Fish and Game
To: Utah Board of Tourism

Re: Outdoor Safety - Bear Alert (For Immediate Release Statewide/Moab/GCNRA)

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear encounters, the Utah Department of Fish and Game has issued the following advisory to Utah residents and visitors that are hiking, hunting, boating and fishing while visiting the state of Utah:

It is strongly advised that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle grizzly bears that aren't expecting outdoorsmen to be walking in their habitat.

It is also strongly advised that outdoorsmen carry non-lethal pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a grizzly. The Department of Natural Resources for Utah states it is a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings.

Black bear poop is smaller and contains lots of berries and many times squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear poop is larger, has little bells in it and smells like pepper.

FWIW,
Goblin

that area maybe ring tailed cats, have had them come on board, have also had smaller coyote's, loner smaller singles com on and try to sneak the garbage off. they all know man after al these years and know if quiet they can score a meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back