Wayne please keep fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Wayne will find a way to get on the water and keep us informed as the lake fills and the bite changes. Your reporting gives us a future and planning fodder.
Warm Regards
Bigfish

Thanks so much! I have been wondering whether to back off or to try to give current information despite the shutdown. I will try my best to give accurate, meaningful fishing information. I will try to negotiate with NPS and get out on the lake. I am sure they will let me take plankton nets and shad meter nets. It's killing me to look out my office window and see flat calm water on my normal uplake fishing day. Lets see what I can come up with for a productive report tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Wayne,
One value of your chronological reports is the year to year pattern(s) that you’ve observed. For many of us who have been visiting Powell for decades ( in my case about 45 years). Without your valued observations, the annual time lines break down.
So while we all can’t fish there right now, your reports from days spent on the water will be helpful both as a lead-in to when things open up as well an archive for the future.
THANKS!

Wayne,
One value of your chronological reports is the year to year pattern(s) that you’ve observed. For many of us who have been visiting Powell for decades ( in my case about 45 years). Without your valued observations, the annual time lines break down.
So while we all can’t fish there right now, your reports from days spent on the water will be helpful both as a lead-in to when things open up as well an archive for the future.
THANKS!

I will try harder during these down times to get those old fish reports back where you can see them. Compare 2015 to 2020 and the results will be similar.

Going to Pueblo Reservoir in the morning to try out the new Cannon electric downriggers and pull some of the Flickers. I'm anxiously waiting to see if my scheduled first week in May houseboat trip can happen. WW keeps me going when I can't get to the Lake. Before every trip I print the fishing report for the same week in the preceding four or five years just to help "dial it in." Thanks Wayne. Please keep your posts coming.

Going to Pueblo Reservoir in the morning to try out the new Cannon electric downriggers and pull some of the Flickers. I'm anxiously waiting to see if my scheduled first week in May houseboat trip can happen. WW keeps me going when I can't get to the Lake. Before every trip I print the fishing report for the same week in the preceding four or five years just to help "dial it in." Thanks Wayne. Please keep your posts coming.
Pueblo is open???? How is that possible under Polis orders??????????????

I know what you're thinking. You thought only the golf courses were open; the city owned courses are even open in Colorado Springs! Pueblo was open as recently this afternoon, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife. I think I'll check again before I leave the house, though.

Wayne,
I am happy to get you a bunch of lures to try -- in FACT, I would be happy to personally deliver to you. -- Tell me what time you plan on leaving the marina, and I will meet you on the ramp-- come to think of it, I would also be happy to help you decide which ones to use out on the water-- I would even be happy to tie a few on your rods -- come to think of it, I can bring a few of my rods already rigged up. Given the number of "test" items I will bring, while WE are out on the water, you might need help casting a few of these items -- I will be happy to do my part helping there as well. IF by chance while helping you a fish should hit one of the "test" lures, I would also be happy to bring it in for you. You will get all the credit of course-- I would only be there to help.
Let me know what time we are leaving
Dave

I am still working through the process with NPS to see if we can still sample plankton, water chemistry, larval fish etc. I will let you know when we can add another person to the work boat.
I sure hope they let you continue. Its psychological therapy for those of us who cant! Lol I do want to thank you for all the time and effort you have put in over the years. The info you share is unbelievable. Thanks my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back