Wayne need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale eichel

Just go back to the lake and saw some Gelatinous round objects above and near water line.
They were from 3 inch dia to 6 in dia.
The objects near water line were green and the object above were white.
Maybe someone has asked before but, if not I am asking now what they are?
Dale

BTW Red Canyon the fishing was poor. Whatever storm hit last week discolored the water.
Boils and bait balls were all over to the west of haystack in the back of Bullfrog.
Trolling with green and blue.

Attachments

• goo1.jpg
    goo1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 132
  • goo2.jpg
    goo2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 127
  • goo3.jpg
    goo3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 125
I have always called them freshwater sponges. They are found in high walled low light canyons attached to the sandstone walls.

When I looked them up just now most freshwater sponges are green in color.

Spongilla is a genus of freshwater sponges in the family Spongillidae

Maybe the white creme colored ones found here are the Spongilliadae, Lake Powellipus white

Just kidding - they have been here as long as I have and will continue to grow in those few canyons that never get much sunlight.

In which canyon did you find them Dale, and was it high walled and protected from direct sunlight?

Just wondering have you ever seen freshwater jelly fish? Lake Powell has them as well.

I've saw them in lost eden last trip and everybody was asking me what they were. I didn't know what they were for sure so thanks now i will be a more informed captain!

Going into Lake Canyon they are on the south side or shaded side.
Along the wall heading up lake they are also around 99a.
Yes I have seen the jelly fish.
Thanks Dale

PS, do you think I should start a big sponge contest?

Going into Lake Canyon they are on the south side or shaded side.
Along the wall heading up lake they are also around 99a.
Yes I have seen the jelly fish.
Thanks Dale

PS, do you think I should start a big sponge contest?

I think so. You are a natural in BIG STUFF Contests - like Big Striper Contests.

Which reminds me. I would really like to repost all the pictures of the big Stripers caught over the years that we lost with the web site hack. Do you still have some/all of those pictures and can you send them to me. This new BB is a lot easier to deal with pictures and it would not take me hours to do it as it did on the old site.

Here comes a bunch of prints of random pictures.
They do have names but, I was not going to try and organize them.
Many have dates and some don't but you can look at properties and see when it was taken.
Lot's of duplicates and many resized as well as the originals.
All yours.
Dale

Got the drive. Thanks. Looks like a good winter project. I will try to find the originals so far I just looked at the small ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back