Wayne Having Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
After many years of casting with my right arm I have finally worn out the rotator cuff. I am having surgery this morning to repair a partial tear of the rotator cuff. My right hand will be immobile and in a sling for two weeks, after which I should be able to regain some casting ability. I am sure I can rebuild my arm strength with the proper amount of "Fish"-ical therapy.

While I am recovering please provide as many fish reports as possible so I can continue to provide accurate and up to date reports for those visiting the lake.

Thank You

Wayne

After many years of casting with my right arm I have finally worn out the rotator cuff. I am having surgery this morning to repair a partial tear of the rotator cuff. My right hand will be immobile and in a sling for two weeks, after which I should be able to regain some casting ability. I am sure I can rebuild my arm strength with the proper amount of "Fish"-ical therapy.

While I am recovering please provide as many fish reports as possible so I can continue to provide accurate and up to date reports for those visiting the lake.

Thank You

Wayne
Wayne, sorry to hear about your shoulder. I am recovering myself from massive rotor tear. Be sure to follow up with all PT, I'm 70 and my PT worked wonders for mobility and faster recovery for an old guy, also learned to cast with other arm, here's to quick recovery, tell Adam Eakle to take it easy on you next time. see you on the lake.

You are in my prayers for total healing and a speedy recovery.

Suggest asking the Fish-ician if you can do bluegills and then work up to stripers. Don't over do it!

Wayne, sorry to hear about your shoulder. I am recovering myself from massive rotor tear. Be sure to follow up with all PT, I'm 70 and my PT worked wonders for mobility and faster recovery for an old guy, also learned to cast with other arm, here's to quick recovery, tell Adam Eakle to take it easy on you next time. see you on the lake.
I had to switch hands one weekend because of tennis elbow, I looked rather pathetic trying to fish a Spook and jerkbait

Guess you'll be trolling for a little while. Hopefully they will be boiling by the time you are aback to full speed. Get well soon! Chuck

We as well will be praying for a speedy recovery, Wayne. And we both totally confirm, as has been remarked upon already, that PT does wonders for healing up and getting back at it. Also, we have found KT tape (kinesio tape) to be practically miraculous in how it helps! I tape my elbow when I fish and also my Achilles tendons that are not happy, and it makes such a difference in the pain level, it's amazing.

We as well will be praying for a speedy recovery, Wayne. And we both totally confirm, as has been remarked upon already, that PT does wonders for healing up and getting back at it. Also, we have found KT tape (kinesio tape) to be practically miraculous in how it helps! I tape my elbow when I fish and also my Achilles tendons that are not happy, and it makes such a difference in the pain level, it's amazing.
KT tape really does work for many applications.

Thank You

Wayne

Good luck with it Wayne. Let me know if you need someone to fill in for you on the fishing trips :)

Amy and I are coming up this weekend just overnight Sat/Sun and will hopefully be able to get some fishing done Sat eve/Sun morn.

Godspeed my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back