Warm Creek 06/21-23/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy N.

We headed out for another adventure along with my sister and brother in law on this trip. We put up with the brutal wind on Friday and Saturday just to enjoy the beauty Sunday provided. Having 3 young children on board, we tried the points in Navajo and came up empty on Friday. Saturday morning we ran up to MM 25 and caught approximately 30 fish, most of which were thinner and unhealthy. Saturday night we moved to the mouth of Warm creek and it was on. We landed striper after striper in the 2-5lbs range with all of them being very healthy and hearty fish. All the fillets were firm and very tasty! On the way back to camp in the back of Warm Creek, we began to see several groups of slurps, we were able to bring in several per slurp and enjoyed watching them feed right past us several times. On Sunday morning we woke up at 0800 to calm weather and looked out into the bay. As we loaded on the boat I observed 4 separate groups of slurps going. My sister and brother in law made a quick couple passes on the wake board while the water was smooth and then we began chasing the slurps. We fished out of approximately 15 separate slurps and landed quite a few fish out of each. We saw slurps from the back of Warm Creek to Haystack and to the mouth of the canyon. We transitioned again to anchovies as the kiddos wanted to fish and began reeling in the very healthy stripers We continued fishing until our 2 bags of anchovies ran out. All in all we landed over 100 fish and brought home 4 large bags of meat for a neighborhood fish fry! On another note, the slurps were seen going all day long. Get out there and catch some fish!

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_094943.jpg
    IMG_20190622_094943.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20190622_095159.jpg
    IMG_20190622_095159.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20190622_095203.jpg
    IMG_20190622_095203.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20190622_101638.jpg
    IMG_20190622_101638.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 252
And were you at the rock point where Warm Creek Bay meets the main channel? Used to be a cable there coming off the rocks there but could not see it last trip. Chuck

We were using Gulp!® Shaky Shad and like baits. I even threw on a shad colored rattle trap and had several hit it. If the slurp went down, we cast out, let it sink for 3-5 seconds and then jigged it back and were able to get a fish to hit 25% of the time on the retrieve. The point we fished was the far north point on the entrance to Warm Creek. We did not see any cables either, but the whales were underwater and all but the tops were visible.

We were using Gulp!® Shaky Shad and like baits. I even threw on a shad colored rattle trap and had several hit it. If the slurp went down, we cast out, let it sink for 3-5 seconds and then jigged it back and were able to get a fish to hit 25% of the time on the retrieve. The point we fished was the far north point on the entrance to Warm Creek. We did not see any cables either, but the whales were underwater and all but the tops were visible.
Great. Thx! Heading down Sat 6/29 thru Wed 7/3. We’ve never been south of Dangling Rope. This time we’re booked for a couple nights in Wahweap so really appreciate you, Wayne and everyone’s info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back