Wallylures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was digging through an old tackle box and found these. A trip down memory lane. Does anyone know what lures these are? It's been a lot of years, but if memory serves me correctly, these were made by Howard Oatman and called Wallylures.
Looks like the spoons that Wayne likes to use on stripers.

Years ago I was given a few from my dad's collection and a few from my uncle and I only have two left. I wish they were still being produced! I never had any of the small ones, just the bigger ones. They work.

Good memories and information. The Wally lure was either 1.5 or two ounces. That is still the correct standard for spooning in 30 to 100 feet of water. I used Dave Wallace's lures for a long time. I still have one left. We copied his lure style and started making our own spoons. I bought the material and Nob Wimmer made the spoons. Here is what the new spoon looks like. It is a slab spoon made from melted lead.

1612808534632.png Paint it any color that appeals to you.

Here is Nob's paint job. Notice the heavy duty treble hook. We don't struggle with hooks bending ot of shape while hovering over an active striper school. Go BIG with treble hooks.

unnamed - Copy (7).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back