Walleye season has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
First trip back on April 20 was a great walleye weekend. Weather was nice and we caught 45 in two days. Can't wait to try again.View attachment 4624

Please tell us your fishing technique and describe the habitat fished. You don't have to say where you fished but it would help others harvest walleye if they followed your lead, used your techniques, and gained some confidence in fishing for walleye. .

Do they stay alive in the livewell or go belly up quickly? I'm going to try for some this next week, any tips would be great .

Do they stay alive in the livewell or go belly up quickly? I'm going to try for some this next week, any tips would be great .

They stay alive better than stripers but not as good as bass. One trick to keep them alive longer is to put 2 cups of rock salt in the live well. This reduces the stress level on captive fish and keeps them alive much longer than expected. .

They stay alive better than stripers but not as good as bass. One trick to keep them alive longer is to put 2 cups of rock salt in the live well. This reduces the stress level on captive fish and keeps them alive much longer than expected. .
I never heard that before, thanks Wayne.

Got a lead on a couple of guys who used to fish for walleye near Lone Rock and supposedly did very well back then.
I will be meeting one of them Sunday. If I get any info from them (you know how tight lipped fishermen are about where and how :-) I'll be out there next week trying.

copowelladdict- your phone is ringing, please answer it. Wayne is waiting (as we all are) :)

Please tell us your fishing technique and describe the habitat fished. You don't have to say where you fished but it would help others harvest walleye if they followed your lead, used your techniques, and gained some confidence in fishing for walleye. .
Hi Wayne Thanks for all you do,
Both days, we trolled slow in shallow water 5-20 ft. in the far north. We always start early but the Walleye slept in until about noon and continued through the day until it was nearly dusk. Our most productive lures were red crayfish cranks and yellow fire tigers. they were found to be mostly in shallow and stained water where temps were aprox. 59. We lost as many as we caught so all in all we had an awesome day in one of our favorite places on earth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back