Walleye Fishing April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last chance canyon on the north wall about 100 meters from where it forks. You will see them stacked up there. Then just about any riprap in ghb. There are also some pretty good sized submerged trees in the back of halls, that I hit if nothing else is happening. I also hit that rise about 400 meters north west of the houseboats moored at halls. Then there is another pretty good rise heading straight out of Moki canyon. I only target stripers, but in March and May, I seem to do pretty good the waleye.

Along with what others have already said, look for wind pounded stretches of bank and also mud lines. Even if it’s just a mud line from a small stretch of bank. Walleye loves mud lines.
I have never targeted walleye and am a little hazy about the mudline. Do you fish the same way as normal for wally's but do it where the mudline meets clear water or is the technique different. And what is your technique for walleye?

I have had luck on shelves at 20-40 feet, using bottom bouncers with live worms pulled super slowly. Agree with mud lines and rip-rap/rocks, would add shadow lines in Spring when they are really active. Of course, night fishing if you’re really serious about walleye. Remains to be seen how hungry they will be in Spring 2020, after the 2019 shad overload situation, though.

I have never targeted walleye and am a little hazy about the mudline. Do you fish the same way as normal for wally's but do it where the mudline meets clear water or is the technique different. And what is your technique for walleye?

Right, technique usually doesn’t change. But when we come across those areas we can almost predict a walleye hookup. So if you’re fishing say a grub, the eyes will for sure hit those too when you come across where they’re.

But if you wanted to specifically target eyes I’d fish a little deeper, slower, tip with a worm, and target areas with mud lines in late April and may.

Last chance canyon on the north wall about 100 meters from where it forks. You will see them stacked up there. Then just about any riprap in ghb. There are also some pretty good sized submerged trees in the back of halls, that I hit if nothing else is happening. I also hit that rise about 400 meters north west of the houseboats moored at halls. Then there is another pretty good rise heading straight out of Moki canyon. I only target stripers, but in March and May, I seem to do pretty good the waleye.
Thank you so much! Awesome info :)

Thank you :)

Hey Tori - You have really activated some of the best anglers at Lake Powell. They have given you great advice. Now, I am sure you are going to tell us where and how you caught fish in April/May 2020. That is how it works. We are a team here sharing fishing information so all can be successful. This does not really doesn't happen any where else. Thanks for joining.

Hey Tori - You have really activated some of the best anglers at Lake Powell. They have given you great advice. Now, I am sure you are going to tell us where and how you caught fish in April/May 2020. That is how it works. We are a team here sharing fishing information so all can be successful. This does not really doesn't happen any where else. Thanks for joining.
Absolutely going to share, hoping for some great stories and info to share back :). Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and expertise. Much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back