walleye # 2021- padre bay area

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamariver

Always wanted to walk up to the base of Cookie Jar and finally put the fishing rods down and did that last Saturday- great hike and great view! On the way from Rock Creek campsite I swung by a favorite little spot for stripers- it is shown in the 3rd photo. Nothing on the graph, so off to Kane Wash for the hike. The little slot of sand where we beached the boat had just hundreds of carp slurping the surface and after the hike my buddy wanted to catch one so we could log 8 species on the trip. No luck chasing the carp, but I did manage to almost ground the boat on the sandstone and with 67 degree water, decided to jump in and walk it out- of course, with my phone in pocket with the great photos from top of Cookie Jar!! DUMB. On way back to fish at buoy 25, I decided to just check our great spot 1 more time. Got right in front of that arch in photo (note the huge rock hanging on slope to the left) and the garmin lit up. Dropped a silver Kastmaster down to the 20' zone and up comes #2021! DUMBLUCK. We caught a few more walleye and a really nice smallmouth but no stripers at all. This 'spot' is along the west wall between Last Chance and Padre and is only a couple coves to the south of Kane Wash. The arch and that big rock on the angled slickrock mark the spot- gotta be another walleye decorated by Wayne waiting for you. If you get one with the tag already cut off just say hello to #2021..................rickwalleye1.JPG walleye2.JPG walleye3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back