Wahweap to Hite and back..

Reed

So Friday Aug 9th I decided to run The Lake. Left Wahweap about 7 am. 5.3 gallons at The Rope. Short detour for a hike in Long Canyon. (see photos). 8.3 gallons at Halls. Arrived at a launch ramp by Hite not sure what you northern guys call this. 14.3 gallons back at Halls. 9 gallons at The Rope ( I went faster on way back). Wahweap by 5:30. Was windy most of the time only a few boils. Caught a few by The Horn. Great day. I think about 270 miles. I had to see how the new Fish Pro would do. It was a great ride. 20190809_103811.jpg20190809_104034.jpg20190809_105342.jpg20190809_141802.jpg20190809_141757.jpg

SSGviper

Nice photos! How long did it take you to go from Halls to Wahweap? What was your average speed going up and back? I have 2 Kawasaki 300x skis and have been wanting to do this. I'd have to bring a few jugs of premium fuel with me though since DR does not have premium.

Reed

Nice photos! How long did it take you to go from Halls to Wahweap? What was your average speed going up and back? I have 2 Kawasaki 300x skis and have been wanting to do this. I'd have to bring a few jugs of premium fuel with me though since DR does not have premium.
I think it only took me about 2 1/2 hours. (I did stop at Music Temple to get out of the wind for a few minutes). I start off with premium, the regular fuel at The Rope only effects me a little bit. I also did not get Premium at Halls. I can only do 50 with the Fish Pro, however I probably averaged 42.

I am putting together a winter solstice run on December 21st this year going from Wahweap to Hite and back on same day. (last year I only went to Bullfrog and back) You should join me...

airford1

I think it only took me about 2 1/2 hours. (I did stop at Music Temple to get out of the wind for a few minutes). I start off with premium, the regular fuel at The Rope only effects me a little bit. I also did not get Premium at Halls. I can only do 50 with the Fish Pro, however I probably averaged 42.

I am putting together a winter solstice run on December 21st this year going from Wahweap to Hite and back on same day. (last year I only went to Bullfrog and back) You should join me...
Torco makes a octane boost that will bring 87 to 96. Good stuff small can big punch.

SSGviper

That sounds incredible! I just might take you up on that! Thanks for the invite.(y) My skis are supercharged so, unfortunately, they must use premium at all times. Just need to figure out a system on the back deck for two 6 gallon jugs.

BreteThomas

Dang! In one day? I like that. Took me three days in my lil Zodiac. :-/
Do you still have one of the Hondas for sale, Reed? If so, how about a trailer?