Wahweap this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watty33

Headed up Friday to Sunday for houseboat work. Has anyone fished the dock recently? Wondering what tackle I should bring. I've never fished from it. Thanks!

Headed up Friday to Sunday for houseboat work. Has anyone fished the dock recently? Wondering what tackle I should bring. I've never fished from it. Thanks!

No reports from Wahweap recently but it may be possible to fish from your houseboat with bait for stripers. I just posted a bait fishing article on the Fishing Tips page.

Wayne, daytime fishing or using a green light at night?

I only fish during the day so my reports on night fishing are second hand. Put more trust in my daytime reports. The recent drop in water temperature has me guessing that catching success has fallen off recently. I will go out tomorrow, weather permitting and let you know what I find.

Rule of thumb for springtime fishing: Warming water improves fishing success while a drop in temperature or barometric pressure slows catching.

I was too busy working on the houseboat to fish. Good luck tomorrow if you go out and thanks for the tips.

I KNOW!!! Couldn’t believe those words were typed by my hands. I’ve got deadlines to meet on the interior work and it was a bit chilly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back