Wahweap Slip Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanewave

I have rented daily slips at Wahweap. I've been close in and very far out. Does anyone know where AAA15 will be for my upcoming trip? I am curious if I'm gonna need my hiking boots...

The last few times I was there, the rental slips were the ones closest to the shoreline. Not sure about the current configuration

I parked one night at the end of March in the rental slips. They are located next to the park service slips and are best accessed from the open water entrance on the south side of the marina complex. The water depth and distance to shoreline were getting marginal then to navigate around the last monthly rental slip...I wouldn’t have wanted to drive in there without good water visibility and wondered at the time if the houseboats on the west side of that slip were stranded until the slips were either moved or the water started rising. With the water on the rise, I’m guessing it’s better, but there is a shallow ledge on your port as you go in.
As far as a hike, as PowellBride posted, the rental slips are close to shore adjacent to the lighted night fishing site on the dock. If you’re asking about access to the marina parking lot, it is up the hill on a new wide concrete path. Not bad for just walking. It would be a hike carrying a lot of gear. In the summer months there are kids driving golf carts up and down carrying people and gear. They weren’t operating a month ago and the snack bar and store on the dock were still closed (as well as the snack bar at AP.). They may be open by now. The dock itself is considerably wider now to allow passage for the carts. We walked to the hotel at the top of the main ramp to eat that night and it wasn’t a bad walk...it helped that it was a nice cool March night, and we were hungry...YMMV if it’s hot. I would add, I hadn’t eaten in that dining room for years and have to say their fancy named version of a French dip was one of the best I’ve ever eaten. Well worth the walk, and probably partly due to off season, they seated two guys in jeans and ball caps in the main dining area when we had planned on just eating at the bar.

Leave the hiking boots home.
The AAA slips are first ones on the dock. Cart service both passenger and baggage is active 8am - 5pm, and its free.
Use call box at the (lower) gravel parking lot or call them VHF #78. Store has been open awhile, bar/grill is suppose to open in 2 weeks.
The houseboats on the west side of AA dock are still stranded as of today. Only enough room for small boats to get in to the rental slips.

Skibum--

Thanks, too, for the tip on Wahweap eats. Haven't been in there in years, so glad to know it's time to try again...

Leave the hiking boots home.
The AAA slips are first ones on the dock. Cart service both passenger and baggage is active 8am - 5pm, and its free.
Use call box at the (lower) gravel parking lot or call them VHF #78. Store has been open awhile, bar/grill is suppose to open in 2 weeks.
The houseboats on the west side of AA dock are still stranded as of today. Only enough room for small boats to get in to the rental slips.
Thanks for the info on how to get the cart service. I have a reservations for HB in an AA slip in a week. I sure hope there is a LOT of improvement in accessibility in the next 1.5 weeks

Do you know the name of the boat your renting? We are in AA15 . Stop by and say Hi.
Same to you, stop by if you see us. We should arrive in Wahweap Marina on the 14th. I'll arrive with 2 bass boats - a Ranger and a Stratos. We are working on the houseboat in dry dock and will launch t on Thursday afternoon. Our plan to stay in the slip through Friday night, and then stop on the SJ, on our way back to our Halls buoy. Our houseboat is the Make A Motion; it's a black & white Skipperliner. I believe they have us booked on the AA dock for all 3 boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back