Video from last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Preston but It's called a fish grip jr.... they keep the fish clipped in well. They are sold at sportsmans.

Great video! Looks like we fish many of the same spots.

The part where the boy caught his first fish was awesome. So fun to see.

The walleyes look heavier than what I usually catch. Hopefully it will be a great year for them.

The one thing that I think could make your videos a lot better is if you did some work with a drone. And, if you wanted to order one, you could send it to my house, and I would be willing to try it out for you when I head to Powell in about a month. That way, I could work the bugs out of it for you...... :)

Yes! We want a drone so badly! We also need a new generator tho so that is currently taking the savings prescident. If anyone would like to donate to a Dungee drone savings we wouldn't say no! Ha

Preston

I always enjoy your videos. I watch them several times. Don't know why but when we go down we never seem to catch fish like you do. I am always trying to see what you caught the fish on. Sometimes it is hard to see what you are using. Possibly you could hold up the lure with the fish when you take pictures. That is unless it is a secret. That way I could go out and buy a bunch more fishing stuff if there is something I don't already have.

I was thinking, I have a friend with a great drone and I bet I could talk him into going with if you take us with you next time. That way you could concentrate on fishing and would not have to buy a drone. He takes some great pictures with his drone, and loves to show off his talents of flying it around taking pictures of people, wildlife, and etc.

Good luck fishing, and keep it up.

Preston

I always enjoy your videos. I watch them several times. Don't know why but when we go down we never seem to catch fish like you do. I am always trying to see what you caught the fish on. Sometimes it is hard to see what you are using. Possibly you could hold up the lure with the fish when you take pictures. That is unless it is a secret. That way I could go out and buy a bunch more fishing stuff if there is something I don't already have.

Thanks a lot, we're glad you like them. We have no secrets, in fact I've been meaning to do a couple more in depth videos on what and how we use some of our favorite lures. Hopefully I can get to doing that soon. Powell is such an amazing fishery for many reasons, our favorite is that you can fish ONE way and catch five different species on a given cast. We don't specifically target just one species (although I guess I would classify it more as smallmouth fishing technique and structure wise), and although we might not catch as many walleye as someone or stripers as another it's how we like to do it.

If you ever have any questions, send me a message or an email, I'd be more than happy to share any info I can. If we need to plan a trip together we can do that too! Ha

Thanks Preston. I hope the water comes up enough that we can launch at Hite this year. I have a old low riding 17 ft boat that does not handle rough water very well. I have a bad back as well and I handle rough water even worse than the boat.

I am planning to go to Powell around the 2nd week of April and want to target the walleye and small mouth. Probably go to Bullfrog and fish close to there. Would really like to fish the upper end of the lake but that probably won't be until later in the year after the water hopefully comes up a lot. Maybe we can get together some time and you can teach me how to catch a lot more fish.

What color is that Hula??? I used to smash smallies on a brown skirt Strike King jig with a watermelon twin tail and the last few years it doesn't produce like it used to. Now I'm stuck on single tails with no skirt. Thanks!

Great video as always. 2 weeks can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back