VHF antenna interference with wakeboard tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

powellobsessed

good day wordlings ! Hey I have a question I just recently purchased a newer boat that does not have a VHF marine radio installed. My question is does the antenna receive any interference with the wakeboard tower since the place that I will be mounting it will be close to the tower but not touching ? I like the idea of a handheld but I feel more comforted having a radio that has a larger antenna to broadcast wider. If any of you have had any experience with this or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried to search the topic found everything but. Thank you my fellow Powellers and safe boating.

It's best to keep the antenna in the clear if possible, preferably 1 wavelength away or 2 meters from metal or other antennas. If the tower is resonant or near the wavelength of the antenna, it could cause issues (good or bad.) Any reason not to put a 3' antenna on top of your tower?

I thought about doing that as well. But it might be difficult with the cover that goes on top. But on the side of the arch there might be a possibility mount one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back