Very Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

We just got off the lake on Saturday. We were out of Wahweap. Has anybody noticed how busy it is? Usually things are slowing down due to kids going back to school. We found Page also very busy with tourists from everywhere. Just look at the parking lot at Horseshoe Bend. Just saying, I'm glad they all didn't have boats.

I agree that the lake is staying busier this year than in the past 10 years in my opinion. As an example, at APM, the overflow parking lot has been used consistently since Memorial Day weekend and is still in use today. In the past few years, it has only been needed over the big Holiday weekends for the most part.

Visitors to the City of Page / Lake Powell from foreign countries also seems to be back to early 2000's levels. This in anecdotal not a fact based opinion - just going by what I am seeing. When shopping in Page yesterday I believe I heard more people speaking languages other than English than were speaking English. All very nice I should add.

I agree that the lake is staying busier this year than in the past 10 years in my opinion. As an example, at APM, the overflow parking lot has been used consistently since Memorial Day weekend and is still in use today. In the past few years, it has only been needed over the big Holiday weekends for the most part.

Visitors to the City of Page / Lake Powell from foreign countries also seems to be back to early 2000's levels. This in anecdotal not a fact based opinion - just going by what I am seeing. When shopping in Page yesterday I believe I heard more people speaking languages other than English than were speaking English. All very nice I should add.

I was gonna say, the foreign travel seems way up, from what I've seen this summer...I agree with you on that one.

We just got off the lake on Saturday. We were out of Wahweap. Has anybody noticed how busy it is? Usually things are slowing down due to kids going back to school. We found Page also very busy with tourists from everywhere. Just look at the parking lot at Horseshoe Bend. Just saying, I'm glad they all didn't have boats.
There were 5 million tourists that cane to Page last year & they are expecting 8 million with the new motels. Parking at horseshoe bend has been an issue for quite sometime. 4 million have already been there this year. The city & park service plan to extend parking from 100 to 400. Horseshoe bend is now being controlled by law enforcement asking everyone to refrain from coming between 11am to 1 pm. Tourism slowed down some after Labor Day but tourists & busses we're steady due to off season rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back